PUBLIC THREAD The Ice Bowl Part II: Big Plex Heads to Cowtown January 21, 2023 (Rockwood Park GC)

Groups are now set! If you do not have discord and need to see your group/tee time, here is a link to the final groupings.

If for any reason you need another time or, worst case, you have an emergency and need to bow out, please let me know ASAP so we can get the sheet moved around.

Be sure to get to the course a hair earlier just to grab tees, your hat, and your group’s rule sheet if it hasn’t been picked up yet. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

2 Likes

@OliveLoaf would you be interested ins providing your southern neighbors at @BigPlex a weather report for Fort Worth tomorrow morning during The Ice Bowl II?

4 Likes

I’m really hoping one year you actually get ice for the ice bowl.
Not this year.

There is a chance for showers this afternoon just before sunset that could moisten the grounds, nothing really to write home about. More importantly, should bring in some clouds which will help moderate the temps overnight into tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow looks fine.
Will feel ~45F at dawn, and will gradually warm a bit thru the day; ~53F afternoon. (Clouds working against warming).
Fairly light winds out of the SE/SSE all day (5-10mph).
Non-zero chance of rain; but only slight. Your lower levels are mostly dry/stable.
If it does rain; i’d bet it happens before ~1pm, and it will come with little significance.

If you’re making a weekend of it and trying to play Sunday you’ll get closer to “Ice Bowl” conditions with 15-20mph NW’ly winds in the morning; wind chills in the 30s up to about 1100.

11 Likes

Thanks! You’re a true pro.

1 Like

Just updated all of the current bid prices on here. Get your virtual bids in now! Auctions will close sometime after the tournament. I’m not locking a closing time in just in case one of you has a fireball shot and decides to jack a price up. It’s for the kids!

1 Like

@BigPlex had a late drop in the ice bowl, 950 am tee time at Rockwood. First to claim, it’s yours.

I can make it if still open

That’s a wrap on the second Ice Bowl! Some wet and cold conditions to start the day made way for perfect weather for the back nine of the event. The Rock was as legendary as always. Thanks to all 36 individuals who came out.

As for winners, after going 4-4 through eight matches, Rob Rosson’s 25 footer on 18 came up a few inches short in the anchor match for team @therealmarkymark to take home the dub. Heck of a mid-round stretch by their captain to take a commanding lead we just couldn’t quite catch up to. For individuals, @Kgilles5 fired a net 69 to win by 3. A true Ice Bowl menace.

Saturday was awesome y’all. I can’t wait for number three next year.

2 Likes

On a little side note, there were two individuals who didn’t check in and pay their greens fees at the event. I went and took care of them, so if you forgot to pay in the pro shop, please send me a venmo for the green fee.