PNW RACDG Championship & NIT Local Qualifier - Sun., August 30th (Cle Elum, WA)

The shank-a-palooza combined with my pace car start was a recipe for regressing to the mean. That being said, clearly our wager inspired your turnaround and led to a few of your darts showing up on the “earlier today” part of the primetime broadcast.

2 Likes

you didn’t miss anything. McCormick was laugh out loud bad

3 Likes

@davidc and I played two practice rounds the week before and I honestly think I may have enjoyed working on a doc instead of playing McCormick.

Nice tee shot into the middle of the fairway. Hope you enjoy it rolling OB!

1 Like

there were at least 20 withdrawals over night. I played with some very good players second round, we came to a conclusion the course was kinda like a professional bowling lane, where the level of wax differs depending on the line you take. Unlike the lane though, you don’t actually know where it is waxed and where it isn’t.

On one hole I spun it back 76 feet off the front, and another guy in my group landed about ten feet from where i did on the green and went 40 yards over (with a wedge) into the hazard.

Championship golf.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s any surprise that the winner is also the GM of McCormick.

To your point, the fact that some holes are completely burnt out, some are soggy, and some are both makes it difficult to have any expectation of your shot’s likely outcome.

2 Likes

Genuinely embarrassing they hosted their championship there. Unreal.

Couldn’t agree more, you could be 20’ pin high or hot hop a burnt out spot to 40 yards OB, total coin flip. Unreal.

I don’t like complaining about golf. I never thought a course could supplant Redmond Ridge as worst in WA. I for sure almost WD’d on Thursday. Unreal.

1 Like

Quietly waiting to be called to the NIT as the 5th alternate.

4 Likes