Players Ball: The Peachtree Collective @ UGA Golf Course - Athens, Ga - 7/15/2023

18 holes. Will be a quota game format

1 Like

Gotta pay to be in the Nest for more frequent posting.

2 Likes

I do not like this descriptor Josh gives ya’ll’s course.

There are some holes where you can miss it hundreds of yards sideways and be completely fine off the tee. That feeling early in the round might make the back nine feel a little more constricted, but it’s wider than almost all other public golf in ga.

1 Like

Yeah I would say that’s an inaccurate description. I mainly only lose balls on the Par 3s or when I’m making a bad course and game management decision (I.E. driving on the 6th hole, or trying to cut the corner on 9). But yea, it is truly a “tale of two 9s” course

1 Like

#13 is such a deceptive tee shot sometimes. I’ve straight up Tin Cup’d that tee shot in frustration.

2 Likes

“I know I can hit my 7 iron on this green!”

proceeds to dump 2 balls in the water

gives up and goes to drop area

chunks the awkward 50 yard pitch shot into the water

We’ve all been there.

I’m going to need a local sherpa next month. We can talk Braves or Atlanta or college football (so long as you’re not annoying which I am concerned about even before knowing any of you).

8 Likes

From the silver tees I’m pretty sure I’ve hit the green with 8 iron down to 5 and all the ones between. It’s just pick one and slap it at this point for me.

3 Likes

Just send it man!

Plenty of us abhor the team that occupy the city we will be playing in. Hopefully you’re not paired with a bunch of “barkers”.

6 Likes

I am an equal opportunity hater and don’t discriminate. So long as you know your team actually stinks, the world is crumbling, and your fanbase is annoying as hell (I am an Atlanta fan through and through) we can be friends.

I live in a state that half think one coach is the second coming of Jesus and the other thinks they’re on the verge of title runs thanks to a guy that should be a youth group pastor.

2 Likes

Are you asking me to call the dawgs on the first tee to mark our start to the day?

5 Likes

Raffle is up!

5 Likes

Wait… which one is which?

1 Like

Who’s that coming down the track?

1 Like

Hello ladies and gentlemen – Hope you are all doing well on this fine Major Sunday. I am happy to announce that we have officially set the event time for a 9:00 am shotgun start on 6/18. The total cost will be $100, including all golf, tee gift, charitable donation, and a few other goodies we are working towards. Working on some potential apres golf activities as well as add on golf if people are interested.

Also, don’t forget to get some raffle tickets and venmo @GeneralQuinn quinn for these! Some sweet items are going to go here including tickets to a UGA game. Will post photos at some point in advance of the auction.

4 Likes

Hey guys, anyone coming to UGA that would like to buy a gently used (can share some photos) Walker Trolley, slide into my DM’s. Trying to offload mine and don’t want to ship. And am too scared to try the #silkroad. Will make ya a really good deal!

I moved on to an electric push cart like an old (thanks to a back injury).

(Update: off the market now)

6 Likes

Just added a column to the sign up for Sunday golf. Just put “yes” if you are interested as we are getting a few tee times Sunday morning.

Anymore details for the weekend? I should probably look into lodging soon.

1 Like