Players Ball: The Peachtree Collective @ UGA Golf Course - Athens, Ga - 7/15/2023

Athens’ bar scene is undefeated, though you’ve gotta look outside of downtown (for the most part) if you’re over the age of 23 or want to be able to hold a conversation, it is still fun to go out occasionally for me and pretend it’s 2015. Creature Comforts brewery is always delightful, and the restaurant selection is far better than it “should” be for a college town - Chuck’s Fish specifically is better sushi than all but maybe 2 places I’ve tried in Atlanta, but you’ll likely need a reservation if you’re wanting to eat with a fairly large crowd, especially on the weekend. Another great brewery, though out of town a couple miles, is southern brewing company. Probably my favorite personal brewery to go hangout at because it is incredibly roomy, so even when crowded doesn’t feel like it.

1 Like

Isn’t this the one in downtown Monroe?

There is an Athens SBC and one in Monroe.

We need to remember that we have 2 things in our favor for going out downtown on the 18th … 1. classes are over. 2. It’s not a game day.

The summer in Athens is absolutely the best time for going out without worrying about feeling like you’re running the gauntlet at Flanagans everywhere you go.

Creature Comforts should be the first option – as folks have stated: perfect setup. They might have a food truck there on a Saturday, as well. Athentic Brewing is a nice space, as well, though the efforts there aren’t going to impress anyone as much as CC.

Could always get some Cali-n-Titos to go and bring it to CC. That’s a good move.

2 Likes

How many people would be interested in additional golf Friday? Maybe another 9 or even 18?

3 Likes

Any golf news coming? We’re like 10 days away now and boy howdy do I not want to do my job right now

Hate to do it @apmiller but I need to take my name off the list for this. I will remove my name from the sheet. You guys have a great time.

1 Like

@apmiller do we have room to invite or do we need more quitters like @tigergolftraveler?

2 Likes

Getting amped up for this, feels like forever since I’ve been in the Classic City (it hasn’t, I was there around Thanksgiving last year LOL)

Thinking about bringing my younger brother who lives nearby along as a looper. He played in middle school but gave it up, I’ve tried to talk him into taking it up again but no luck so far. I don’t think there’d be any issue with having someone along to carry the bag there from a fee standpoint, would there?

Nothing beyond start time and cost. Still finalizing apres golf activities. Also sign up if interested in sunday golf also. Totally optional

2 Likes

Room to invite as many as you want!

1 Like

I’ve played that course twice and loved it - I’m extremely down for this event!

6 Likes

Evening 9 on the 17th would fuk

2 Likes

New here, still trying to figure out how all this works. Sign up still available for UGA? Great track

2 Likes

@GeneralQuinn It looks like I’ll be driving in from Columbia Friday afternoon rather than getting up at the crack of dawn Saturday so I’m in for an evening 9 if you guys go

3 Likes

@DawgLeg you want to secure a couple tee times friday afternoon? I probably won’t know til day of if I can play with work.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ll look to book around 5:30 if that works?

Also down for Friday night drinks and/or dinner for anyone in town.

4 Likes

Love this. Officially appointing @DawgLeg as our Friday Pre-Event Activities Director. Congratulations we have no benefits or salary but it’s a wonderful company culture.

2 Likes

I’ve got a room at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown so would greatly appreciate stumbling distance from there. I also got it so I could be walking distance to Creature Comforts, but that is neither here nor there

2 Likes

All of downtown is stumbling distance from there.

3 Likes