PINZ Feedback Thread

This happens to me as well. Tried to close the app and try again a few times but never saw the green arrows. Manual entry was very quick and easy though, not a huge deal.

Sorry if this was answered above but I didn’t find the answer if it was: Is there anything planned in the future for GIR, FIR, putts, etc.?

1 Like

I received my access code, entered it, set up password, and uploaded a photo but can’t get past this screen. And when I tried to log in using the password it said no user with my email.

I’ve got it downloaded. I will wait for 1 FEB for access and everything.

Couple of things I noticed:

When I click on a players round, this is the first image I get.

Eventually what is black fades to white, and the “Scorecard” button fades away. Functionally if I click in that spot, it still works. But just curious if this is a bug, or something intentional? Doesn’t seem ideal.

Also checked out a few posted rounds and it seems like the Back 9 math is off for pretty much every round, doesn’t match to what the Total Score is.

2 Likes

The backnine math is fixed. Small bug. Hole #10 was not being calculated for back nine total but WAS being counted in Pinz score and 18 hole total. Update the latest version of the app.

Great catch btw.

1 Like

@Shack Not sure where on the nest I would ask this question, but maybe you guys know… is the GHIN API public, meaning anyone can utilize it for their own custom apps? Looking into for Discord Bot purposes.

edit: got my answer, thanks!

2 Likes

Use this link > download from App Store
https://www.pinzgolf.com

Hey all - if you receive this error while signing in, can you do us a favor?

We think that it is due to the size / shape of the picture you are trying to upload for your profile picture. If you get this error, can you email the picture you were trying to upload to beta at pinzgolf.com?

Thanks - Shack.

FYI I have tried to set up with photo and without. Got same error.

So just a heads up for everyone; if you have any difficulty like I did, be sure that you enter your email address with all characters in lowercase. Apparently when I first set my account up in Pinz I just used the autofill from iPhone, which used a capital letter for the first letter in my email. PINZ app apparently didn’t like that and caused an error when I tried to finalize my account setup.

1 Like

I tried using uppercase in my email and I got the error. But when I switched to all lowercase and the access code I was assigned doesn’t work.

Do the early access codes expire? I’ve been stuck on this error screen.

They had to send me a new access code to use with the lowercase email. You should reach out directly to them by email.

1 Like

@ajsHTX Please send an email to beta@pinzgolf.com and we can solve this issue for you!

1 Like

Would you mind sharing your findings with the rest of class? :nerd_face:

1 Like

TLDR: Commercial Licensing required :smiley:

1 Like

This answers a lot of my questions. Happy for you, @Jdonelson, to be admin unless you want to delegate.

Ok if I delegate? I’m woefully behind on getting used to pinz …

2 Likes

How long does it take to get an access code? I signed up just over a week ago and haven’t seen the email yet.

1 Like

I got mine in about an hour…

I’m in the same boat as @etrackp. Still no email.