Philadelphia

Along the lines of this, I think another idea would be if we would pick a centrally located course and do some type of Birdie challenge.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Love J-ville; do you happen to know if Tyler Rae is still consulting on their projects?

Love the continued improvements they have done incrementally over the past decade.

1 Like

Yeah – Tyler will be in town in February to work on shaping the bunkers off No. 5. He’s been a big part of the changes at Jeffersonville, from designing the short course to doing the bunkers on No. 2 and No. 17.

1 Like

Would be awesome to do this at a place like Atlantic City Country Club!

1 Like

I would have AC third of their 3 courses

1. Scotland Run
  2. Ballamor
  3. AC

I don’t hate AC, but it does get pretty swamped with bugs in the summer, and it’s more expensive than the other two.

NY Group had a pretty great outing at ACCC last year that was a ton of fun most did Twisted Dunes in the morning and ACCC in the afternoon. Had a block of reserved tee times grouped together and a couple of us from the Philly chapter joined in for the fun. It was a veryyyy windy and drizzly day though some holes played very long haha

1 Like

Twisted Dune in the wind can be an absolute nightmare, I imagine ACCC as well although less bugs!

4 Likes

Yeah it was monsoon in the morning at TD, literally the soggiest round I have ever played, but it was still fun for me… but yeah was a good time.

could also be somwhere a bit more central to us all, like Heron Glen or something like that… who knows, but yeah would be great to work something out

1 Like

Heron Glen would be a lot of fun, I’ve been to a couple of outings there and have always had fun. Plus it’s a pretty fun course to play

2 Likes

Yeah, seflishly I have never played it, and why not have something like this to get me over there :slight_smile:

Hey folks, new to the refuge scene. I grew up at Huntingdon Valley and am now a member. With that in mind I have not gotten out to a lot of the other courses in the area so would be interested in doing a few home and home trades!

Also if anyone is interested in getting on Huntingdon Valley I’d be happy to host once the weather warms up. As far as I can tell, HVCC is a relatively inexpensive membership for the quality of golf. Of course you will need to get used to uneven lies!

9 Likes

Welcome! Check out the WhatsApp chat and the newly created events sheet. Would definitely love to get HVCC on there.

2 Likes

Welcome! Love HVCC, was looking at joining there but it’s on the edge distance wise so ended up going with Spring Mill. Looking forward to playing some time this year!

1 Like

Cool I’ll check out the Whatsapp. Driven by Spring Mill a hundred times but never played it!

@Flex very cool photo on your profile. One of my favorite courses

1 Like

Yo, is that any good?!

12 Likes

All signs point to yes.

1 Like

Tell me more about this. Love the logo.

Honestly not much to say other than it’s philly/PA focused golf goods. Superior customer service as well. I forget where I saw the towel first, but I find it hard to believe it wasn’t somewhere on here.

1 Like

Love their stuff - got one of their Halloween tour visors last year.

5 Likes

Logo looks spectacular and prices seem very fair. May need to support them, rep my PA cred up here in Mass!

1 Like