Peoria Korn(Kan) Ferry Tour Qualifier - TBD 2022 - (Also a Busch Light Mega-Thread)

As president of the pondering Neil fan club… I’ll happily accept any and all members

Battle for the spelling of “Jonatha(o)n”

2 Likes

There is only one way to spell it. It’s biblical.

But I am not the blade decider, which has a stronger spiritual hold on this site…

But I am a Refuge video game golf captain…

2 Likes

You want to check out the Hebrew in the uh… first edition, Yonatan.

3 Likes

Still “A” no matter the flavor it seems

1 Like

I’m named after a Yonaton, so I come by it honestly.

I named by a father in his third marriage because the name sounded good. Religiously, I am compelled to hand you the crown

1 Like

Flights to/from Chicago have been booked.

Plan on getting to Peoria on Friday around dinner time. Flying out on Monday morning.

5 Likes

Paid and booked the Airbnb in downtown Peoria. Would love some Friday night dinner and bar options for the girlfriend and myself.

2 Likes

For dinner you’re gonna wanna check out Blue Duck or Thyme. Both are neck and neck the best BBQ places in town and were the spots my parents and I went to when I taught in Peoria post-college and they’d come down from the Chicago burbs. Make sure you get the wings at Blue Duck and I’ve heard the poutine is good too.

Both put you within walking distance to Bearded Owl Brewing and another brewery along the river, name is currently escaping me. There is a barcade called 8 Bit that’s along the river as well but I’m not sure if it’ll be open/you’ll wanna be in a cramped bar that’s just an old dentist’s office and be touching the same games as other people.

If you want bars with great outdoor patios/vibes then check out either Crusens location, there’s two in town. Also probably the best bar food in town if you want a one stop shop. They’re not downtown so you’d need an Uber but everything in Peoria seems to be 10 minutes from wherever you are, based on my two years there. I’m sure a true local can give a more definitive list than what I mentioned.

1 Like

Kellehers and Kenny’s Westside are both downtown and are always favorites of mine when I make it back to Peoria.

1 Like

Just get some gondolas from Avanti’s

2 Likes

Any suggestions on good places to stay? Is there a hotel a number of people are staying at?

Hotels? I was under the impression we’d get 20 or so guis in a massive NLU Kill House airbnb for the weekend?

5 Likes

I’m down for that. I’ll be fully vaccinated at that point.

1 Like

My backyard is quite adequate for a tent town. Just think of it as prep for Vibestock.

1 Like

A lot of very solid recommendations from @EConroy419. There are also a growing number of great food options popping up in Peoria Heights (and the only rooftop bar in Illinois south of Chicago!).

2 Likes

I think my ol’ frat house will be open… I’ll make some calls…

2 Likes

The Embassy Suites in East Peoria is always a fan favorite. Right across the river from downtown Peoria and closer to Pekin for the Saturday round.

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/piaeses-embassy-suites-east-peoria-riverfront-hotel-and-conference-center/

2 Likes

I ended up in a cheap Airbnb in the downtown area, I subscribe to the Strapped vibe 24/7.

2 Likes