Peoria Korn(Kan) Ferry Tour Qualifier - TBD 2022 - (Also a Busch Light Mega-Thread)

Looks like Peoria is already ready for some (limited) golf.

My home course (s/o Sunset Hills GC) in Pekin had quite a few walkers over the weekend. That’s even with 3 greens still being snow covered. Dedication!

2 Likes

I went out to Orange and Blue in Champaign yesterday. Had a nice little walk through the swamp. It’s not like we got 1 1/2" of rain yesterday morning or anything.

1 Like

Really wanted to get to this this year but I couldnt justify a 2nd multi day golf trip in between my honeymoon and wedding. Heres to hoping this becomes annual!

3 Likes

3/12 UPDATE:

As of this morning we are now up to 41 players for the event and room for plenty more. I’m not sure if anyone has taken a look at the master NLU events sheet recently but it was announced that our event will be offering 2 spots to the NIT at Jax Beach in November. (Which I highly recommend attending for no other reason than the opportunity to play bumper pool at Pete’s Bar with the locals)

For those of you that have already confirmed on the Google Sheet, you should have received an e-mail from @phegs32 this morning stating that we have decided to reduce the amount of the entry fee to $80. Partial refunds weren’t an option, so Scott sent complete refunds of the original entry fee amount and those who have already paid will need to re-pay for the lower amount.

Initially, we had included merch as a portion of the entry fee, however, with the so far successful pilot of the event merch portal currently being undertaken by March Mudness (s/o @TeddyPargame) we anticipate that Strapped Peoria Redux will have the same expanded Levelwear merch opportunities.

The $80 entry fee will now cover greens fees at Lick Creek on Saturday, prizes/awards and the charity donation.

We’re currently in the kitchen cooking up some event logos that we plan to present to the group on this string for a vote in the near future. Ultimately, you all are the consumers of the merch we’ll be offering and want a logo that serves that purpose the best. Designs have been inspired by Bradley University athletics and @MerchCzar ’s flirtation with the mega bonus at Madison.

Thanks for all the support and looking forward to seeing you all in July!

11 Likes

… can we get the Lydia Moss statue in the wayward tee pose?
thumbnail_IMG_1802

2 Likes

3/18 UPDATE - LOGO BATTLE - VOTE BELOW

We’ve sourced a few logos with various areas of inspiration from our fine town or the Strapped Peoria series. Seeing as you’ll all be the ones potentially purchasing the merch, we wanted to democratically select the official event logo. Without further ado, I present the options.

A. Obviously a s/o to Big Yellow who has done its fair share to support the city of Peoria for over a century.

B. The “Pondering Neil” outline reminds us all of the pain and agony of Icarito’s journey towards the mega bonus. If you can’t hear the infamous @djpie music drop when you look at this, you aren’t a true Strapped fan. Also, a subtle jab at the Bryson logo.

C. Speaking of @MerchCzar’s quest for the mega bonus, here’s an ode to the pine tree that dashed all of our hopes and dreams at Madison GC. Simple, elegant, painful.

D. Real Bradley fans know the inspiration behind this design which is the vintage BU athletics block and script logo, prominently displayed at the Airbnb in Strapped Peoria. A vote for this is a vote for the strong heritage of mid-major athletics, a cause near and dear to @Randy’s heart.

5 Likes
Strapped Peoria Logo Vote
  • A. Big Yellow
  • B. Pondering Neil
  • C. Icarito’s Pine
  • D. Mid-Major Athletics

0 voters

1 Like

Had to vote for the Cat logo.

As an Illinois State Redbird I could not vote for anything Bradley inspired
/sarcasm.

1 Like

I fully respect that stance as I get nauseous at even the mention of ISU sports.

2 Likes

Logo D is gonna make me go dig out my old BU Golf shirts, circa 1997 which featured this model on SHITTY scratchy cotton (extra long sleeved) polos.

Edit… they were worse than I even remembered:

6 Likes

If you don’t show up in one of those now I will be highly disappointed.

July
Peoria
Oversized Thick Scratchy Cotton Polo

… I can’t see how that’s a bad idea

(the grey houndstooth was always a crowd pleaser)

3 Likes

this combo is making me chafe. Fully support it.

2 Likes

Fully ready to die alone on pondering Neil island

2 Likes

1 last wear and off they go to @Geaugolf to be turned into ANYTHING but something to be worn!

4 Likes

Officially in now - are we doing teams? Who am I fighting?

All St. Louis guis named Jonatha(o)n just vote for pondering Neil.

Everything else will sort itself out

1 Like

Sorry - I’m pro-pine. That’s a logo that I’d wear after the event.

2 Likes

Pondering Neil sticker? Sure thing.

1 Like