PAIRINGS AT POST 50 - A Farewell To World Woods - May 15th, 2022 - Brooksville, FL

How could you possibly remove such an elegant and exciting feature?

In its current state, I actually preferred Rolling Oaks.

If Pine Barrens looked like this though… :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I think PB is more aesthetically pleasing but RO is more fun.

2 Likes

That’s a fair assessment.

To me, courses with all those scruffy waste areas are pretty to look at but they also mean a lot more opportunities for bad bounces. That’s fine to have that on a vacation; for regular play, I want something that is more straightforward and not bounce-dependent.

1 Like

Hole 4 on PB has eaten more of my balls than I’d like to admit. Does it look cool? Fersure, but being down in that shit fucking sucks

It’s quirk!

1 Like

The 15th hole at Pine Barrens was so cool. You could be greedy and hit a cut over to the right fairway and have a short pitch into the green or you could chicken out and take the left side, leaving a very shallow green for your second shot. Brilliant.

3 Likes

How rude! My playing partners called it a tasteful layup. It’s also where I thinned the wedge and F :bomb: as mentioned in the EAL thread so…karma?

2 Likes

1 Like

Tell that to my putter :frowning:. Also, still made par on 15.

1 Like

Thanks for putting everything together. It was great to take one last loop around this place. Can’t wait to see what it looks like when it’s all done. Talking with you, Rick, and Daniel only got me more excited for the future. Couldn’t ask for more from my first event. Looking forward to many more!

2 Likes

And it 100% was…

2 Likes

The funniest part is @OffTheDole’s putter is so big I can have a conversation with it from 500 yards away

4 Likes

Yeah, it moonlights as Damon’s OTAHDTV antenna. He may be able to connect it to the SETI :satellite: network.

3 Likes

What he doesn’t tell you is that he’s never had to buy a swiffer. He just sticks a wet pad to the bottom of his putter and mops the kitchen.

3 Likes

You say this now and I literally bought a Bona floor care kit yesterday. I am such a fool!

3 Likes