Olympic Prolific (Tacoma, WA): May 14-16, 2021 - Fog, Sunburns, Presses, Beers, and Golden Chambers

Hey Vinny, what’s the carry to the left rough next to a pine tree? That’s more of my line off the tee. LOL

2 Likes

Just getting into all this so excited to be around! Thanks

1 Like

Working through some demons. I am so damn pumped up for May. LFG!

10 Likes

Intentionally banging range balls with shadow in your stance? This man is leaving no stone unturned.

3 Likes

I think this is Cheating… that is the exact tree lined width of the fairway for Holes 1, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, &17 at Gold Mountain… Have I mentioned that I hate that Course :wink:

1 Like

You know Chambers has only one tree, right? And it doesn’t come into play? :joy:

That’s a bet.

5 Likes

Not even for mega left miss?

Challenge accepted!

1 Like

Check out the Roll Call thread. We’ve got a meetup every month March-October this year! Would love to have ya out

So, I dragged my heels on the 3/1 deadline. Was feeling guilty about traveling cross country when I had cancelled my Thanksgiving travel plans for a 1 hour flight. Also just wanting to be generally Covid cautious.

Well, today I somehow got vaccinated. I wasn’t expecting to get vaccinated 4 days after the deadline, and now im regretting not committing.

If anyone has an extra spot in an AirBNB or has to drop out of a double occupancy room, or something like that please reach out! Would still really like to make it out to this.

3 Likes

@OTPLefty @RSK

I guess it is possible. You’ll just need to either skull the fuck out of your 140 yard shot on 15 to hit it 215, or hit it backwards on 16

1 Like

I might have space at my place. I have to see if my wife is coming just to hang out at the cabin or not. I should hopefully know in a week or so. We’ll see.

2 Likes

So you’re saying I’ll be hitting A LOT of 7-irons off the tee.

I’m commited. But I still need to get permission to enter the US from the State Dept. If I don’t, there will be a CAD shaped hole in this picture that you can fill.

3 Likes

I’ve never hit that tree, but I’ve been on the tee next to it thanks to a caddy club suggestion.

1 Like

@oski @The_Cad_Says

Thank you both!

1 Like

Range finders with or without elevation for this?

1 Like

Good question. :thinking:

I’m leaning towards saying all the rules of the US Fourball the following week must be followed as a guideline (so, basically just all the rules of golf and local rules), thus rangefinders without the slope flipped on are allowed, but I’m interested to hear people’s thoughts:

Should slope on rangefinders be allowed?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

(No, sorry, I’m not adding Steve or dense/butthurt to a serious poll)

1 Like

This is an over-exaggeration. Only #1 is cramped off the tee, which really puts you in the mood of “this isn’t the easiest muni in the world you’ll be playing” early on the Olympic course. Not a gentle handshake of an opener. If you wanted more of a walk in the park, the other course (Cascade) at Gold Mountain is quite a bit easier haha

1 Like

Have a Garmin G80 for this season and just wanted to know. I think I get to use it on the course Sunday in Boise if the weather holds up.