Olympic Prolific (Tacoma, WA): May 14-16, 2021 - Fog, Sunburns, Presses, Beers, and Golden Chambers

The 1st is a par 5 now?! I haven’t played Chambers since 2008 (before the renovations to make the course easier.) I hit a driver and a six iron when it was a 498 yard par 4. I thought it was a great way to start the course with a hard par 4.

It’s kinda like what they did with #10 at Spanaway Lake. A hard par 4 that is now a weak par 5.

With the falloff left of the green, I wouldn’t say it’s a weak par 5! You can still make a big number with a couple loose swings early

1 Like

My brother in law found that falloff on #1. Hit a full lob wedge that landed short and ran back to his feet. Then hit a sand wedge to five feet. Made double.

2 Likes

Siiiiick

1 Like

Paging @cqueen @The_Cad_Says @CGC315 @Josh-P and @notjustinkaiser to the spreadsheet. You can leave most of it blank if you want for the near future, but out of kindness for the group coordinator letting us book the complimentary group replay early, I wanted to let him know how many groups to expect at each course the three days, and more importantly, if you are replaying Chambers.

Cheers

Damn it, you twisted my arm!

1 Like

Listen, The VSGA App says there are teal tees, and it takes me from a 9 hc to an 18 Course HC. Thats all I know

Are you a verified source? Who can say

2 Likes

Listen, I wasn’t wrong. And you weren’t wrong… except now it’s 7,791 yards, not 7,585 :joy:

2 Likes

a 227 yd par 3 being the 13 handicap hole?

hard pass

2 Likes

Number 9 is severely downhill though. With the exception of #3, all the par 3s are downhill.

1 Like

plays a good few clubs downhill if Rory McIlroy PGA Tour on Xbox has taught me anything - but still, no thank you whatsoever to that.

could be 227 playing 150. That 227 number is still going to intimidate the hell out of me. But then again im a mental midget on the course

5 Likes

FWIW - I don’t think I’ve hit more than my 180 club on #9.

1 Like

I’d point out the 490 yd par 4 being the 15 handicap first :sweat_smile:

7165? Uncle OTP might move back. I’ll update again soon. I ain’t skeered of no yardages.

6 Likes

@TaylorD You’re in!

Also, you said you’re local. Have you visited the local Roll Call? Have you joined the local whatsapp chat? Would love for ya to #getinvolved

I can shoot a smooth 90 from 6500 or 7500. It don’t matter.

6 Likes

THIS.

1 Like

*7700-7800

I hope you’re ready for the 270 yard carry to the fairway on 14 (it’s downhill at least) :joy:

2 Likes

I’m ready for the comfy double bogey.

2 Likes