Olympic Prolific (Tacoma, WA): May 14-16, 2021 - Fog, Sunburns, Presses, Beers, and Golden Chambers

as I just told @JohnP privately.

If I die, at least I will be amongst friends*

*except @JamesHCard

Marking myself down as a yes. Will evaluate with enough time to adequately notify the course.

6 Likes

well - guess you’re not getting invited to meet my in-laws for Sunday dinner then.

2 Likes

The best way to mend fences is to break bread. What’s the attire?

1 Like

I’ll send you a pic in the DMs. Probably best to look at it on a non-work device

2 Likes

Tron and I are coming to Canada the day they will let us in.

7 Likes

Just tell them you’re going to Alaska. Apparently everyone is doing it.

3 Likes

Me on the second 18

8 Likes

I hear marijuana is legal here, too :eyes:

7 Likes

Come out to Vancouver Island! I’ll meet you there!

2 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

Chambers is 115% of the walk of trails, so if you can handle Trails twice and the preserve, you’ll be fine

2 Likes

5 Likes

Will never pass an opportunity to like Tity Boi

1 Like

3 Likes

I think it’s more than that.

Chambers has the climb up Trails #7 and the path from 13 to 14… 3 times a round rather than the once.

I sometimes queef it into the sand right on 16 at Chambers with tired legs

1 Like

The legs feed to wolves. Gotta start working in leg day.

2 Likes

Lots of concern about walking Chambers twice in a day here - agree with most of the sentiment around the Bandon comp - if you can walk 36 in a day there you’ll be fine here.

And if you’re coming in from out of town, all 36 is a must. You won’t regret it! (You can cart around on the other two courses to rest).

Having said that I’ll be walking all 6 rounds and vibing the whole time.

4 Likes

I kinda equated it to walking a 3% grade the whole time versus an 8% grade for 40% of the time. One’s gonna wear you out in bursts (Chambers) but I don’t think the end energy expenditure is all that different. The bursts will absolutely get you if cardio is an issue though

2 Likes

Us on the patio after two rounds at Chambers:

6 Likes