NYC Roost: RACDG NY Metro Club

@JBrad i added you to the NY Roost so you can go into preferences and will have the option to add the flair

As people sign up I will be adding them to the roost

Updated and ready to roll thanks

I don’t see the flair option yet. Am I added?

RACDG-NY signups are live! We also offer handicaps for those in need of them (at a fantastic rate too!)

Also have a link to our meeting we just held:

1 Like

You are now.

Just to be clear, everyone that signs up on our website I will add you to the group within a few days after signing up but please feel free to DM me if you want me to add you sooner

1 Like

Key word in this ended up being “plan”. In honor of the greatest podcast out there, SGS, I forgot to hit the record button. I blame everyone else that could’ve confirmed , never my fault!

5 Likes

All, our private community for our roost is LIVE!

If you have joined our membership the past couple of days you should be added to that community. If you signed up and don’t have access DM me.

For those that have yet to signup go to the below link and #getinvolved

Again, if there are questions please feel free to DM me.

I’m also adding our presentation from the other night

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/welcome-to-racdg-ny-metro-roost/66930

The least I can do is drop the presentation in here for people to see

2 Likes

Hey everyone. Been following NLU for a couple years now and I’m just now getting around to creating an account here. I’ve been on LI for about 5 years, and definitely interested in potentially attending some events this year.

Most likely will be getting a Nest and RACDG NY chapter membership for 2022. I assume I can keep my current local club GHIN if I also get the RACDG handicap?

2 Likes

You don’t need to get the RACDG handicap if you already have a local club. The handicap is optional and meant for people that don’t have another club (or prefer to be publicly associated with us)

We would love to have more LI representation! We shockingly have very few members from my ancestral home

Ah, I guess I should have clarified, my current GHIN is just thru my local muni course and I don’t really get involved with any “club” stuff there per say. I was more wondering if I can transfer my current GHIN to RACDG and pay the dues thru that instead.

I’m in Northport, so Bethpage is my go to, at least when I can get an advanced tee time through the website. I haven’t had a chance to play the Black since late 2020, sadly, just Red and Green a few times last year.

Yea you can definitely transfer it. I’ll let @CaptainHarlow clarify if I get this wrong but when you sign up through us we’ll ask you for your current GHIN

2 Likes

The Bear is right, I just link up your old number to our “Club” All of your information will stay the same and your scores will transfer over. Pretty simple!

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the info! Looking forward to getting out more this year.

AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE COMMITEE

After a fantastic 2021 event, we are excited to announce that The Grazing will be returning to Inness for the 2022 season on Friday June 10th.

The course will be coming off an extensive bunker reconstruction and fescue reduction in its second year of operation.

With RACDG having total run of the course expect a full day of multiple pins, varied tee box locations and cross-country routings.
Signup will go live on the website on Thursday 10th February at 8pm for $225.
Space will be limited so sign up quickly to secure your spot…

When the time comes you can find signup at the below link:

7 Likes

All, we’re live in our private community. If you’re a member and NOT able to access the below thread please DM me

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/new-event-the-grazing-2022-at-inness/68307

2 Likes

2 Likes

Brutal time to end up at a bachelor party. Sounds amazing.

I’ve got a member-guest that weekend otherwise I’d be there!

I am praying my M/G is the weekend before or after lol

@CaptainHarlow thanks for clarifying! I signed up for a Nest & RACDG NY 2022 membership + handicap earlier this week, entered my existing GHIN so I think everything’s good!

Looking forward to fun year of golf, Inness has me very intrigued, looks like there’s still open spots?

Cheers

1 Like