North Star Shootout 4 (NSU Roost Major) - Minneapolis, MN - July 15, 2023

Really wanted to make it this year, but alas life keeps getting in the way of fun.

1 Like

Hoping this is the year I make my first NSS appearance.

2 Likes

Dall-e does not do well with this:

7 Likes

I dunno, ā€œNg Sor Sorts Nor Girtensā€ has a ring to it

9 Likes

This is going to be a blast, I canā€™t wait. @JMK you wanna partner up?

3 Likes

A note on the teams:

We will be split into 8 teams of (hopefully) 8-10 players. As we get closer to the actual event, probably May/June sometime, I will be hand selecting captains for each squad and we may opt to do a draft.

One other note - all credit for this team format goes to @BaxterMSP and his intent for NSS2. That sadly did not come to fruition due to logistic challenges, but weā€™re resurrecting it for NSS4. With my own twist, of course. He and I tend to trade sarcastic barbs on the board here, but with all sincerity we would not have the Shootout without him. :clap::clap::clap:

16 Likes

Just make sure they all know Iā€™m a prick, please

8 Likes

With all due respect, I donā€™t think I need to tell anyone.

9 Likes

Weā€™ve all seen this before:

Nanksi extends an olive branch to a friend (maybe foe?) in an earnest moment

Bax - devoid of normal human emotions will almost certainly use this as an opportunity to shit post by accepting said olive branch and breaking it over his knee

Despite knowing how this one ends, canā€™t wait to see it unfold

12 Likes

I consider Bax a friend. Whether thatā€™s reciprocated or not is a separate question entirely.

5 Likes

OK youā€™re just chumming the waters at this point

4 Likes

Hold up, I was being sincere. You decided to wander in here with kerosene and a match.

2 Likes

@bobs219 - Oh boyā€¦Iā€™ve got a zinger of a post for Baxter

Me -

I don't think about you at all. Jon Hamm Don Draper Mad Men Forehead Tie Dress shirt Microphone Coat Gesture Collar Suit Spokesperson Blazer Formal wear

5 Likes

(Tron voice) Lot of different directions I can go hereā€¦Gilly gif, flamethrower gif, etc

But ultimately - weā€™re kindred spirits, and I just donā€™t want to see you get hurt

Oh Bax - itā€™s a compliment of your shit posting and internet message board prowess! Thatā€™s all.

1 Like

You got one part right

4 Likes

Iā€™m a big boy, I can take it. He knows not to insult my mom or weā€™ll have another big money duel.

I suppose money would be the only thing to play for since I already won her affection

2 Likes

I hate it when mom and dad fight

9 Likes