North Star Shootout 3 (Stillwater, MN): 2022, July 9 - StoneRidge GC - AM TEE TIMES #843

Will anyone be driving to Stoneridge from downtown Minneapolis (North Loop) or even west of Minneapolis that wants to pick me up? We downsized to a one vehicle family last fall and my wife is heading out of town to a lake with some friends that weekend (She tried to ask me to cancel out on the NSS and come with, I shot that down!). I can always Uber, but I thought if anyone was heading that way I will obviously pitch in on gas and will happily bring your favorite snacks. It’s a long trip over to the east side and any good road trip needs both salty and sweet options!

6 Likes

Circling back on lodging, anyone else still looking to split/possibly host a couple of low key peeps? Myself and @dwilks have a few places scouted out but nothing committed yet. If willing to host, naturally will be throwing some bones your way. If looking to split, found a few places for 3 total, 250/night and under.

1 Like

Wife is out of town that weekend, so I’m happy to host. Got an extra bedroom and a few couches. The more the merrier and no bones necessary (I’ve got a lot of NLU Refuge good karma to pay back).

Feel free to DM me (or anyone else) and we can work out the finer points.

Forewarning - I do have a dog (hypoallergenic).

3 Likes

Alllllright, I received requests from a couple of the losers whose partners dropped out singles so @aspoiledwalk @PaaSco @FairwayHank @Camilo @MrLarson @MrCutHook @JMK @Buckles @pbblaster @kurtzh17

1 Like

@Sims @BTfromDelta @TYWebbMN @kcurry11 @bjd @ThomasTheune, if you want to just pick from this list and let me know, please do so before about 8:30 PM tomorrow when our live expansion draft will start both on this board and GMeet.

1 Like

Anyone here a Wisconsin native that wants to team up? @TYWebbMN also sounds like a good pick based on the name alone if he wants to team up.

I am pretty laid back about who I play with. Playing alternate shot for the first 18 will be an intense bonding experience :rofl:

As someone that is trending towards a softcap, the idea of joining a brother in arms in @kcurry11 is definitely intriguing. We could wallow together as we scrape it around for the alt shot

1 Like

The great thing about softcaps: we have the ability to play out of our mind, or blow up. Totally down to team up, would be a good time. @bignanski I’m in for the draft if that’s happening tonight, we scooped an earlier flight today luckily. That is of course unless @aspoiledwalk is down for the team of double softs.

2 Likes

Let’s do it! - all or nothing baby!

Edit: We can’t Icarito if our wings are already on fire

1 Like

Born and raised in Erin, and have benefited from the Luck of the Irish numerous times on the links. Always found it ironic that our nest logo colors and green and gold…

2 Likes

Is there anything more Icarito than a softcap? You touch the sun and then play so bad for 20 rounds they shame you every time you log onto your GHIN to post a score.

6 Likes

@kurtzh17 I am from Appleton (also with some Irish heritage). Wanna team up?

2 Likes

@ThomasTheune Let’s run it!

2 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait! @bignanski @kurtzh17 and I will be a team

2 Likes

I know the Shootout is full but I had some things open up that weekend so I added my name to the list as an alternate if someone can’t make it. I’m not local tho, so will need a little bit of notice. My handicap is 1 but my game doesn’t travel for shit and I’m more likely to shoot 80 than 70 if I’m not playing my little home course

1 Like

Keep vigilant. Someone will invariably have a family emergency or similar the night before and I’ll be furiously typing to fill their spot. Thank you for your service.

We have any Friday action planned yet? Just got my first request of availability and I want need to be busy.

@PaaSco and I are going to team up.

1 Like

Huge block of times at Keller. Spreadsheet going up tonight.

1 Like

Oh yea, we like that.

1 Like