No Findlay-Ing Up - Findlay, OH - May 2022 - Participants, Maybe you?

Same situation with your hotel. Not walkable, but a Lyft won’t run you much. We’ve got one or two cab companies in town too, but I’ve never used them and im not sure I would. And really, Findlay isn’t big enough for anything to be too far from downtown.

1 Like

Hey all, I just sent an email to everyone with some very spicy details.

1 Like

So pumped for this

Hey all,

This is a quick note on “stuff” for the Findlay event, if you’re receiving this email you’re signed up.

• Tee Times start at 9:00 so please be ready for announcements at 8:40 or so
  • Cost for golf and meals will be $75 max. Trying to nail down the final amount so you guys can know.
  • Entry fee (pay day of or venmo/paypal me) will be $20 that will go to charity. We will also do something for a 50/50 - duck race - raffle so if you could all bring cash that would be great. There will be some NLU pro shop credit for the raffle prizes. The “Merch Bags” that Mike put together will still be available for $10 each. These are a bag of tees and two stickers each. The $10 goes to charity.
  • Pairings will be done by request as much as possible. I’m sorry if you get stuck with me.
  • We will be doing quota for the NIT qualifying - we will have one or two spots up for grabs but that won’t be final until we tee off and have our numbers.
  • PLEASE update your handicap on the spreadsheet so we can get it plugged in ahead of time. No scumbags allowed.
  • We will play 18 in the morning, regroup to do a 9 hole alt shot in the afternoon. Mike (@methridge) is cooking something fun up there.
  • After the alt shot we will go to the brewery formerly known as Modcraft in downtown Findlay. One of the guys in our group is one of the owners. He’s guaranteed warm beer and cold food. They are announcing their new name this week so be sure to pay attention when you’re driving to the brewery that you’re going to the brewery on Main St. in Findlay.
  • As far as Friday golf is concerned, I know SSGC has an event during the day but I’m sure the tee sheet opens in late afternoon for you guys who want to get in a round. Hillcrest is the other golf course in town, it’s a solid C+ for golf

I love you all, please don’t be a scumbag.

Joe

3 Likes

I know I’m going to catch some strays from @tkeats but I’m out unfortunately.

I had it down for this weekend and the 14th my daughter has her championship track meet and I’m too much of a proud dad to miss it. Go launch em boys!

1 Like

Listen, we still have room for you at Maxamania 2 on the 21st. Jump on in.

1 Like

If I wasn’t committed to a member/guest deal in Atlanta you’d know I’d be there!

1 Like

giphy

4 Likes

Exactly :frowning:

FYI - it looks like it’s gonna be hot.

Just saw a video on YT of the course. A) looks like it may be in the running for easiest walk in Ohio. B) we should be breathing some really fresh air on that walk from all the trees. Looks like some fun holes.

1 Like

I have some weird hatred for some parts of SSGC but I always have to remind myself how lucky I am to call it home.

They don’t call it ricochet acres for nothing!

Hey all, I wanted to let you know that our donations this year will be split between Findlay Area Junior Golf and the Hancock County Humane Society. I realized in my email last week I didn’t list who the charities were.

9 Likes

We will have two gift certificates to the NLU pro shop to raffle off and there might be some tickets to the memorial for early in the week if I can make it happen.

5 Likes

2 NIT spots up for grabs! Must be a Nest member to go to NIT.

8 Likes

Oh, okay…so to be clear, we must be a NEST member, not just a ROOST member?

To play the NIT in Jax you need to be in the Nest. To play Findlay just be in the roost.

If you do end up winning a spot, you generally have to sign up for the Nest on the spot.

1 Like

Bingo, if you qualify for the NIT you have to join the Nest before you receive the invite. Last year we held someone hostage until they signed up.

3 Likes