No Findlay-Ing Up - Findlay, OH - May 2022 - Participants, Maybe you?

Best deal I’m finding is the Fairfield Inn has rooms on the Friends and Family rate for 86/night. Have a call into a buddy to get the necessary paperwork to book. I can book two rooms on it. So get a couple 2-queen rooms and 4 guys are good to go. Please DM me your # and I’ll start a group text with those interested. Rate’s good both Friday and Saturday so even though I’m headed back Saturday someone (@papateeps) can have them Saturday night. Craic on!

1 Like

Have 2 double queen rooms at Findlay Fairfield Inn booked for both Friday and Saturday. Right now all 4 beds are taken for Friday night, but all are available Saturday. Friday night guis are all heading home Saturday. If anyone wants one of these rooms for Saturday please let me know by Wednesday 5/11 at the latest.

Was waiting on this one but finally can confirm attendance. I’ll be traveling over from the Cleveland area Saturday morning and if anyone needs a ride shoot me a DM. I’m happy to pickup another sicko and spend 2 hours talking about anything and everything. I may stop at modcraft for a pop or two after but it depends on what time we finish up at the course as I’ll be traveling home too.

1 Like

Ok guys I’m capping this at 64 players. @methridge and I have some fun ideas in mind for Alt shot. I’ll probably be asking for small “entry fee” for charity soon ($20 tops).

Also, I’ll have a firm price this week.

8 Likes

Hotel booked for Saturday night. Let’s Go!

3 Likes

I was originally one of the Sat night ones but think I’m gonna head home after The Bar Formerly Known as Modcraft.

1 Like

Since I’m local and don’t usually work Fridays, if anyone wants to get a lunch beer and maybe squeeze in an early afternoon round on Friday, hit me up. We’ve got a few fun spots around town, and there is a course a little north of town that isn’t always in super great shape, but it has some really fun and challenging holes. Also, the Irish pub (good food, nice selection of craft beer and whiskeys) in town has an upstairs mez that can either be reserved for up to 35 people (but you have to spend a minimum of $1500, so 50ish bucks per guy), or it’s pretty empty when they open it at 5 and then again around 8 when the dinner rush slows down. One of my best friends is the GM there, so I can arrange for some options if that’s something people wanted to do.

3 Likes

What kind of walk is sycamore? PCM, carry bag, or we talking cart golf?

1 Like

Carry is easily done there, hardly any elevation change and all greens/tee boxes link pretty closely.

2 Likes

Easy.

1 Like

So it should be a great day for a worst ball scramble.

3 Likes

SSGC is the easiest walk ever. Genuinely.

1 Like

I kinda figured it was, given its location within our great state, but just wanted to make sure.

Hey guys, I’ve capped this at 64 guys which means we’ve only got a couple spots left. I’m going to send an email out this week (hopefully today) to have you guys send me a $20 donation for the charity.

3 Likes

So 20 to the charity then pay as normal when we get there?

Also, any Friday night goings on planned? I’ve done wayyy dumber things then get together for a pop or 2 the night before an early round. Should get into Findlay about 9:00 night.

1 Like

Bingo, since we didn’t sell merch this year I figured this was a good way to still raise funds.

We will have a fun way to do our raffle this year and we will have a gross skins game.

Beers are always an option.

3 Likes

Where are you staying? I live walking distance from downtown/Findlay Inn/Hancock Hotel. There’s a several good places down there to grab some drinks, and downtown is a DORA open container area. Also happy to open up my way too extensive beer/mead/bourbon cellar for some deck beers

Fairfield Inn—looks like a few minutes from downtown.

I was originally going to come down Saturday morning, but the wife gave the ok to head out Friday.

I’m thinking of hitting Riverby on the way down for a round Friday morning, unless there’s something popping at Sycamore Friday.

I’m also available for Friday evening shenanigans as well. I’m staying at the Hampton Inn on Interstate Drive. Hopefully that’s not too far from the downtown area.

1 Like

Oh I didn’t even know that was open again. They had a pretty bad fire a while back and had been closed for a long time. Not walking distance from downtown, but you can likely get a cheap Lyft. Downtown has 2 breweries, 2 craft focused bars, a mediocre barcarde, a wine bar, a college/younger townie bar, a bourbon and cocktail bar, and a place that wants to be a high end bar that’s really just an overpriced place for older drinkers. Another handful of solid restaurants that make good drinks too.

Groups of more than 4-6 can be tough to get into a few of the places. Best bets would be Logan’s, Alexandria’s/Upper Deck, or maybe The Bourbon Affair, depending on the time. But you can also grab a drink at any place and get it in a DORA cup and just walk around with it. There’s even a little park area with tables to sit at