NLU Texas Cup (Formerly Bucc-ees Cup) Pine Dunes June 5/6 2021

That 10-11-12 stretch fucking owned my ass, so many dumb decisions.

2 Likes

That Sunday pin on 12 was awesome though.

Agreed on 11, I look back and hate every idea I had on that hole

4 Likes

Especially as it was a hole most people popped on, being right of the green was an auto double

2 Likes

Pretty sure I didnā€™t break 100 on any round.

3 Likes

11 just calls for 3 really well executed shots, of which I never pulled off in any of the 4 rounds I playedā€¦

8 Likes

Or if youā€™re @Toblerone47 3 average shots and a 40 foot bomb for birdie in 2 of the rounds

1 Like

I think I only made 1 birdie the whole weekend and it was because I missed a hole in one by a foot

2 Likes

A legit birdie too because your competitor made you putt out. Scummy.

4 Likes

Sunday pins on 12, 17 and 18 were all awesome.

1 Like

I didnā€™t see a single par on 11 all weekend

2 Likes

Wish I could have played 17 and 18 but none of my matches made it that far.

kZtsAOq3pg9DCIcQ0G

9 Likes

I played with those two as well in alternate shot and wonder If they saw 65 out there. I was just curious what people thought. Iā€™ve seen a 70 once from the blues by a scratch golfer in person. The tips is a totally different discussion. Lol. I agree their is just too many ways to mess up a few holes out there. Enjoyed playing with everyone and thanks again to everyone who donated to help my wifeā€™s work!

2 Likes

I love Pine Dunes. Big fan. Still after 4 rounds in 3 days I couldnā€™t describe the green complex to you from the tee box.

2 Likes

I canā€™t even remember which one hole 11 is. I could tell you 1,3,5,18 but thatā€™s about it.

2 Likes

You are kind. I did not see anything close to that this weekend. I can see where, from the blue tees, 2/5/18 could (if everything absolutely worked out) get you to -6 quick. Sprinkle in a birdie on 2 holes with a bogey for good measure, and some damn good bounces, and maybeeeeee -7. But thatā€™s also a good imagination and something Iā€™ve never been close to seeing.

If you took my low aggregate score on every hole, I shot 65! But yeah I shot a pair of 77s for my low score.

2 Likes

To be clear, Iā€™m not saying that golf course is easy, or gettable. Iā€™m just saying that someone putting together a magical day could touch 65. But it would be magical.

3 Likes

I think for the right person 15 is also driveable. I came up about 25-30 yards from the front edge one of the rounds and plenty of you hit it well past me.

3 Likes

Would definitely have to have some magic in the day for sure.

1 Like

My take is that there arenā€™t many holes that ~arenā€™t~ gettable, but also so many places to give more than one back. 65 would be insanely good out there

4 Likes