NLU Texas Cup (Formerly Bucc-ees Cup) Pine Dunes June 5/6 2021

For the sake of the 0-3 crew, please let our results RIP in peace.

7 Likes

So as of now, I have $2700 to be donated to the TLC center in Tyler. If there are any last minute donations, just let me know and send them to my venmo so I can include them in the larger donation. Thanks for all who contributed via the raffle!

6 Likes

Also, give villains.golf a follow on Instagram if you liked the yellow rose/skull ballmarkers from @Darikashi

https://instagram.com/villains.golf?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes

Before you send, we need to include all birdie, bogey, and double bogey pledges!

5 Likes

Oh hey, I know @Snellspace. First refugee that Iā€™ve recognized

3 Likes

7 Likes

Shout out to @the_korn_ferry. Ball first, baby. Shoutout to @CMTX and @Toblerone47 for making my debut competitive round of golf a fucking match.

Shout out to @Darikashi for letting me get vibey in alt-shot. Also, shout out to @cgroom and @rmaas91 for putting up with all the vibes, both good and bad.

Shout out to @McBusted for being a class act singles opponent and being gracious in vanquishing my ass. You were a silent killer on Sunday.

And finally, mega shoutout to @SaveMuny @ajsHTX and @SpiethGotMono for throwing a great party interspersed with the occasional round of golf. The only negative number I posted all weekend was my recovery score.

16 Likes

Scoreboard colors match our hats.

16 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

The hole-by-hole of my match with @CMTX against @desperateunder105 and @the_korn_ferry would be SICK. I donā€™t think there was ever a lead bigger than 1up and we made a couple bombs to cover up birdies. What a way to kick off the weekend.

8 Likes

clearly @ajsHTX and I were feeling itā€¦

5 Likes

Me walking into Pine Dunes:

bryson after

Me leaving Pine Dunes:
bryson before

14 Likes

Freaking incredible match! Loved every minute of it. Adrenaline was pumping! Thanks to @SaveMuny and other captains for organizing. Team Houston has a full year of soul searching and practice ahead of us.

9 Likes

Itā€™s true Houston did not fare well this year. Is it because we have already saved our Muni(Gus) and we didnā€™t have as much to fight for? We will be back that is certain.

5 Likes

houston gave it all we had, including your carā€™s battery.

5 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to staying on-site wherever we land next year.

4 Likes

Donation has been made to Andrews Treatment and Learning Center in Tyler, TX. Final amount: $3100

Currently working on filling out the charitable contribution matching receipt for my company to see if they will match!

Thanks all for donating!

13 Likes

Just a random question here. I know we played match play and not stroke play and I donā€™t know if anyone kept up but I saw someone say in this thread or the other that a 65 was out there? Iā€™ve played that course a lot and with really good golfers and Iā€™ve never seen anyone get close to that. Anyone know what the low round was for everyone?

From the blue tees, I think @Ofrygolf or @HellerHighwater could go pretty damn low (I know we had a few other scratch-ish golfers, those are just the two I played with). Not sure about -7 low, but 2 is driveable on a dry day, 5 is reachable, 9 is reachable, 7 and 13-14-15 should all be wedge in, and 18 is basically a par 4. Avoid a big number and 65 wouldnā€™t be the craziest thing Iā€™d ever heard.

I think it would take a pretty perfect round of golf to be playing aggressive enough there to get to -7 as well as stay away from a big number. Thereā€™s some demons out there for sure.

3 Likes