NLU Texas Cup (Formerly Bucc-ees Cup) Pine Dunes June 5/6 2021

Putting a few final pics here for posterity on this thread. If anyone else took pictures, esp of group settings or your playing partners, it would be awesome to put them here to look back on.

The clouds on Sunday morning were fucking insane. These pics are from the first fairway on 11, looking towards 13 green and 14 tee.

@the_korn_ferry apologies for putting this pic of you up. I’ll pull it down if you want. For those wondering, he drew a lie in that fairway bunker RIGHT BEHIND a furrow made when they raked that bunker one day when it was hella-wet, probably on Friday. His ball rolled into a trench at least 1/2" deep and he had no chance to get the club on the ball. We halved the hole with shitty bogeys, but he got the worst of it here. That said, it’s a great picture.

4 Likes

@trev1n the Pine Dunes 2021 golf balls made it into my collection display in my office. Good stuff!

9 Likes

No Maridoe range balls?

It’s lower down. (100% a range ball). Right below TPC San Antonio ball.

Hahaha that’s awesome. I think we have found the perpetrator.

After I shanked the second time, I figured the range owed me.

Hoseltov!

1 Like

In the spirit of continuous improvement, please fill out the following form.

This information is for next year’s captains and has been met with their approval.

Note- *Faldo format (i.e. worst) is referring to Faldo the commentator specifically. Faldo the golfer was…

9 Likes

Filled out with my thoughts.

Honestly, while I picked a Faldo format, there really wasn’t one. They were all so much fun.

6 Likes

Late to the game but 2022… sign me up!!!

1 Like

Filled out. I agree with @Darikashi, I picked a Faldo format, but enjoyed all of them.

I don’t think that giving up on the strokes is a good play. I liked being able to play with a bunch of different people throughout the weekend and I think getting rid of strokes eliminates that freedom. Not the biggest fan of strokes on a par 3, but I can bite that bullet and still have fun.

Overall guys, again, this was awesome. I look forward to the next one. Huzzah!

5 Likes

I wasn’t a fan of the strokes on that Par 3 either at first and then I didn’t hit the green once so my opinion has shifted…

11 Likes

I would advocate for moving that stroke away from #6. It’s a bogey hole for everyone.

4 Likes

Couldn’t make it for the NLU TX Cup, but went up there with 3 buddies for 3 rounds in 3 days this week. Liked the course. The trees make it pretty tough if you aren’t hitting it straight.

Shot 86, 80, 87.

7 Likes

Isn’t that an argument for keeping the stroke there? If it’s that hard for everyone, then the higher-handicap player should get their advantage there.

3 Likes

I can see that argument. I am not a fan of strokes on par 3s in general, but that’s more of a par 3.75.

The stroke is supposed to close the advantage between a better player and a weaker one. I’m arguing that especially on that hole you don’t see much disparity as everyone makes bogey. You have to play a great hole just to push

Speaking of 6…

…did anyone know that there was water left? There’s a complete forrest of trees on the bank that obscure it.

5 Likes

I was in that front left bunker in the Saturday morning round and had no clue there was water over there

I didn’t see the water until Sunday AM. I ahem took my time in the left bunker and saw it then.

4 Likes