NLU Texas Cup (Formerly Bucc-ees Cup) Pine Dunes June 5/6 2021

I’m still on my way home but I can’t wait to sit down at my computer tomorrow and type up all my favorite shots y’all hit this weekend. Some great golf over the last few days!

6 Likes

Let my try that exercise!

Hole 1:
Heel-cut drive into trees
Punch out
Punch out
Bladed chip
2 putt

closes computer

11 Likes

2 Likes

I like to think my reign as captain was an early glimpse at the playing captain role we will undoubtedly see from Phil within 5 years. Spraying drives into the trees and getting dusted in all 3 matches. Just from the right side and no HGH/CBD.

8 Likes

Is this not how you make a comfy par?

7 Likes

0-3 gang rise up!

6 Likes

What app is that? I need to diagram a few of my better ones from this weekend!

3 Likes

I use a Garmin Approach watch as a GPS and it tracks all your shots. So it’s the Garmin golf app.

2 Likes

Ah. Helpful :). I might have to break out Google Earth and MSPaint.

Yeah that was a jolt to the system when I thought I had the hole won. Flush 5 iron out of the bunker uphill. I will definitely remember that along with me calling my chip in off of Andrews ball marker.

3 Likes

What a great event! First, major hat tip to @SaveMuny for grinding over the details like Bryson at the 2019 Northern Trust. @SpiethGotMono and @ajsHTX pitched in too and all of us are grateful for a smooth operation.

If the PGA tour ever came to Pine Dunes those pampered ****s would stop hitting cuts off every tee. The course is truly a hidden gem in east Texas and the next venue has a high bar to cover.

Big s/o to @Darikashi and @desperateunder105 who were a lot of fun to play in foursomes. The vibey bois had me laughing all afternoon.

@rmaas91 compresses the ball like Lennie Small and carried me in alt shot. @SaveMuny is a stone cold killer and made birdies from everywhere.

10 Likes

@jsteve15 why did we all stand around your bag?

2 Likes

I am totally exhausted right now but I just don’t want to go to bed yet because that means the weekend is over … damn I had fun.

2 Likes

I was wondering whose bag that was!!

Man, I am absolutely wiped today but let’s do this:

Our first hole of the first match on Saturday, @rmaas91 casually holes a 40 foot putt and I was like “Is this what we’re doing all day?” The guy was on fire on the greens the whole weekend.

@cgroom hit some absolute right to left bombs off the tee on the back 9 in the second match. He and @rmaas91 were a nasty combo.

@jsteve15 hit a shot from the wilderness on 18 to about 6 feet from the hole to finish off our first match. I’d never seen anything like it, it was incredible.

@desperateunder105 was so much fun to play with and is nasty with the blades. I left him some longer than necessary putts and he came in clutch every time.

@OUbruse played a great match in singles and every time I thought I might have him on a hole, he’d hit some perfect wedge to a few feet. It was ridiculous. The called chip-in on 2 was sick.

and last but not least

@SaveMuny could not have been a better steward for this weekend and is one of the best guys I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing with. The whole weekend was a blast and I cannot thank you enough for everything you did in getting this set up. Sharing wine, talking about the bachelor, and watching you continue to be a consistent menace around the greens was so much fun. I can’t wait to do it again!

10 Likes

Very well said @Darikashi and I look forward to our rematch. First class job by the captains putting this whole thing together. As a new member to the nest it has by far exceeded my expectations and i’m so happy I decided to join.

3 Likes

Does anyone have the individual match results for the weekend?

1 Like

Thanks. I was really more curious about how close the matches were rather than the point breakdown. I’m guessing those weren’t recorded though.

Don’t worry about that!

5 Likes