NLU Texas Cup (Formerly Bucc-ees Cup) Pine Dunes June 5/6 2021

It started thundering and some isolated lightning on hole 34 for us. Otherwise it was great.

This course is amazing. I sold someone else on it too

7 Likes

Emergency 4 holes with 3 clubs

*9 holes

13 Likes

11 Likes

Day 1 update for those who are interested outside of the event:

ATX/SA - 7.5 pts
DFW - 6.5 pts
HOU - 4 pts

10 Likes

How we feeling weather wise?

Some pics from day 1

8 Likes

All—

REPORT TO 18th green at 8:40am today for PICTURE.

6 Likes

Sunday pin on 18

3 Likes

7 Likes

I was not feeling that fireball shot apparently…

13 Likes

After a brief discussion with key players, the Houston Delegation wishes to submit a formal, non-binding recommendation to the victors, Team Austin-San Antonio, that the NIT spot go to the undefeated organizer of the weekend’s festivities @SaveMuny in recognition of his tireless work and equally tireless swing.

Thanks go out to @ajsHTX and @SpiethGotMono as well for putting everything together. Can’t complain too much about 3 days of great weather on a perfect match play course. Looking forward to next year’s bloodbath rematch.

23 Likes

What an awesome weekend. Great place and group of guys. @SaveMuny you killed it. Thanks to @SpiethGotMono & @ajsHTX for all y’all did too. Can’t wait for next year!

8 Likes

Yeah, what an amazing weekend! I had so much fun and it’s always great getting to meet the people behind the usernames.

@RobertHunter post the group photo!

3 Likes

It wasn’t my camera! I think @SpiethGotMono has it? I was just the director of photography for that endeavor.

2 Likes

And a huge thank you to everyone that came!

Y’all made the whole weekend as good as it was, looking forward to next year already.

27 Likes

So much fun. Thanks everyone, as did especially to the awesome captains.

5 Likes

Didn’t see it posted, but here are final scores:

ATX/SA - 16
DFW - 11
HOU - 9

This was such a fun weekend at an amazing course. Playing 81 holes in less than 48-hrs is something my body is failing to comprehend, but I had a great time with some even greater people. Let’s run it back again next year!

S/O to @SaveMuny and @SpiethGotMono for being wonderful captains and for kicking my ass.

12 Likes

Echoing the thank yous to the captains and especially @SaveMuny for all the hard work.

Also, anyone who’d like to play at Lakewood when in Dallas hit me up.

DM if you need contact info.

8 Likes

Thanks to the captains for setting this up, and thanks to everyone for making a lurker and non-Nester feel like part of the crew. Can’t tell you the last time I had that much fun golfing with 30-something strangers for a weekend in the middle of East Texas!

8 Likes

+1 to all of the above. Weekend was a blast, and everyone was hella-nice. Had a couple of “major displays of sportsmanship” in our singles match this morning, too - great to see.

@RobertHunter that 2i is absolutely fucking SICK and I love it.

The three-club fuckaround was legendary.

Not sure how we dodged the rain all weekend, but that was a nice benefit.

Looking forward to playing more golf in Austin, Dallas or Houston with you degenerates. Hit me up in Austin for sure.

For @bbq, can you guys drop me $15 each to @josh-donelson on Venmo? Last 4 of cell number is 4176. For the dallas guys who did the cookout on Friday, please venmo me less so I can help pay for that dinner - thank you guys for handling that.

8 Likes