NLU Texas Cup (Formerly Bucc-ees Cup) Pine Dunes June 5/6 2021

I got dunked on from Alex Caruso as well in high school.

1 Like

My roommates and I all played basketball at the rec. We were a group of dudes that played fundamental pass,pass,post,pass,dive basketball. Other teams didn’t like it because there were very few fast breaks.

We ran into the football team one time and I had to “guard” Myles Garrett. (Don’t get hurt and don’t hurt him) I got a shot off and made a bucket down low on him, his guys then gave him grief. I then turned around to see that his shirt had come off and the Batman-armor-like physique was barreling down the court, jumping from the free throw line, watching me sidestep this majestic being, and dunking on us. I think we lost after that.

Between Myles and Armani Watts, those dudes were wild to play against.

8 Likes

I don’t know what I’d do if I hurt the future number one overall pick in a pickup game. I think I’d have to drop out.

4 Likes

Folks, Team DFW is all about the Purple Mamba (at least I am)

1 Like

EVENT UPDATE

Had my weekly standup with Pine Dunes today. They are very excited to host us!

Deposits: To address @Toblerone47’s question (excellent question), they have taken my credit card as a down payment for…everyone.

Pine Dunes will apply a $100 deposit, which I will collect from everyone via venmo request, towards the first round. So keep an eye out for venmo request from me.

Golf package: Because of the size of our group, we are part of their new golf package. It is a great deal, which means everyone is entitled to a fourth round that weekend–should you want it.

We have 26 signed up for Friday. If you want a late late round Friday or afternoon round Sunday, they said they would fit us in somewhere. If you don’t, no sweat. Yours if you want it.

Food: They are going to provide us some catering options to make sure everyone gets plenty of food on a timely basis. More on that to follow.

Raffle: We are still collecting a few items, and we will start selling tickets this week. Raffle will be mid next week.

Folks, time to get dialed.
tenor

13 Likes

Piggybacking on the charity raffle - please consider a donation of your unused old clubs, hitting up your friends, robbing a golf galaxy. All will be praised.

I will post an update with the items we have so far and start selling raffle tickets either tomorrow or Wednesday with the hopes of holding the raffle next week.

Also start thinking about your birdie/eagle pledge! I will donate $2 per birdie and $25 per eagle over the weekend!

4 Likes

How much will tickets be

Will be donating $2 per net birdie, $25 per net eagle.

2 Likes

Much like my green readings, I like to make things more complicated than they are.

My birdie pledge. $2 par 3, $3 par 4, $4 par 5.
My double bogey pledge: The number.
My four putt pledge: $16 + great shame upon my household.sergio

If anyone wants to make a club twirl, club toss, or putter throw pledge, shoot for the moon.

1 Like

$5 per raffle ticket. Unlimited entries allowed. Open up those wallets, folks.

1 Like

Oh damn, great idea!

Will also add to my pledge: $2 per gross double, $5 per gross triple, $10 per gross quad.

2 Likes

Y’all are in charge of tracking your own wild pledges. My head hurts just thinking about keeping up with those haha

1 Like

could get really out over my skis for a good cause.

2 Likes

Count me in for $5 per gross bogey. $10 per gross double or worse.

A very charitable man given we have some foursomes planned #LowCapPriviledge

6 Likes

Hopefully it’s good motivation!

Was just told that I have to work that Friday, so I will probably try to sneak in a Twilight round around 6:30 if someone is interested in joining since its Free99.

1 Like

Might as well!

3 Likes

Can everyone please make an effort to supply your ghin # to your team captain so that we can go through and confirm handicaps?

We are working on our pairings now and want to make sure that the information is accurate.

If you’re gonna be sandbaggin’ we are gonna make sure it is official sandbaggin’

2 Likes