NLU Summer Festival: August 21, 2023 @ Erin Hills

@PGA_ALLTHEWAY you a PGA member? My dad was for a while

Are you Justin Thomas?

3 Likes

Hahah- Na I’m a couple years older and my swing isn’t nearly as upright as Young J’s. Pops wasn’t ever a head pro but he could knock it around pretty good

Can you break 80?

—ducks—

1 Like

Hahaha sick

If you’re not drunk DMing your alt shot partner from family vacation what are we even doing here?

14 Likes

Yes proud PGA member since 2008. I spent the majority of my high school years with my teammates telling me I’d never be good enough to pass the player ability test, let alone have someone pay me for a lesson. Basically my entire career became a giant middle finger to them.

11 Likes

Would appreciate a playing lesson on the front 9 in the morning so we can really do it to em on the back. Name your price

3 Likes

Some advanced analytics for those interested. Here are the states represented in this event per the player guide.

14 Likes

Counting my blessings that I’m not only the first time, but also starting off Hole 1

3 Likes

Good point.

Yo @svanhille … sorry bud. Tough luck.

Told my wife I am playing in the alt shot with tron and explained who he was
She looked at me dead in the eyes and says “do you need to go practice” :joy::joy::joy::joy:

24 Likes

My alt shot partner has 5 refuge posts and I have fear in my soul what would happen if I @ him

7 Likes

Oh god. Mine has 0 posts with < 1m of read time. How am I supposed to connect with someone who is so well attuned to real life???

11 Likes

I probably shouldn’t have teased availability like that! The Ope’n “event” (no structure - just a lot of golf Fri/Sat) field is full but always a chance someone has to drop out last minute or you could just book an adjacent tee time to our blocks. Hang out with us over in the Ope’n thread where we mostly talk about Culvers and occasionally golf…

3 Likes

What’s worse is when that is your secret Santa’s stats!

7 Likes

No no guys its ok, I rarely post here and I assure you it’s not due to being socially awkward or otherwise distracted with waves hands adulting or because the refuge boards are literally the most impossibly nonsensical thing to try and figure out how to meander around since like AOL invented the shit 20 years ago…

ok actually its all those things. but me and my new bff @Amholzman24 have already synched in the DMs and are fine tuning our alt shot strategy to ensure victory. biggest question so far is what is the appropriate amount of drinks to have at lunch to have proper aiming juice and quelling the nerves without risking tumbling overboard.

negotiations still in progress but we figure the number is somewhere around 3 or 4, or 12. One of those.

10 Likes

Um…
One of the guys in my 18 hole round can not be found on the fuge… so I’ve either pissed him off without knowing or it’s a a glitch OR someone from a sponsor

3 Likes

Weird, my group for the morning is different than my group for the Kettle Loop. Not complaining about meeting more people just weird to be switching groups.

1 Like

I believe we go off in 8somes for the Kettle loop so technically you are still with the same group, just 4 more people and you may be partners with someone that was in a different foursome than you in the morning.

At least that’a what it looks like comparing the tee sheets.

5 Likes