NLU Summer Festival: August 21, 2023 @ Erin Hills

currently I am but I am tempted to go play sunday after i get in…

3 Likes

I’m thinking Washington County on Sunday.

Let’s do a sheet and get a list going.

5 Likes

Personally its gonna be a few years until I get to play another top 50 course so I want the short commute

1 Like

I’m undecided. On the one hand I’ve never attended a pga event, but on the other I’m not sure I want to drive down after the Ope-In and then back up to Milwaukee.

4 Likes

This is what I’m thinking as well. Especially with such an early time on Monday morning.

5 Likes

my tentative schedule, coming from MI:

• drive out to WI Friday, arrive late. Probably stay Milwaukee-ish, but undecided between hotel, airBnB, etc.
  • 18 or 36 saturday at local recommended courses with any local refugees
  • drive down to Chi-town Sunday to catch the BMW
  • Summer Festival all day Mon
  • Drive home Tuesday
  • Tues thru Fri - deliver gifts and take care of kids, attempt to avoid divorce

All that said, if one of you guis comes up with a better itinerary and I can just drop into your plans I could easily be swayed into something different

6 Likes

I insta-booked 36 at Lawsonia for Sunday 8/20 the other day. I grabbed foursomes at 8:50 (Links) and 2:30 (Woodlands). I’m not 100% sure what my plan is yet as far as transportation/arrival/what I actually want to that weekend, but I’m leaning towards this for extra golf. Anyone is welcome to join. I’m also up for better ideas.

6 Likes

I’m gonna try to go Sunday, try to catch the leaders back 9-ish. If you’ve never been to a tour event it’s worth it to at least see a few shots. It’s different when these dudes hit it… that said it can be a whole ordeal getting from parking to the event, never been to olympia fields but maybe someone who has can chime in.

1 Like

I am debating whether to golf on Sunday (probably at Lawsonia) or going to the PGA event… Driving up from St. Louis on that Sunday morning. Booked a cheap Best Western in Germantown that’s like 25 min away from Erin Hills for Sun & Mon night. Definitely down to coordinate with others for the optimal weekend!

4 Likes

I’ll be there. Grew up caddying at Olympia Fields and occasionally playing it, so for once I need to see people hit good shots there.

7 Likes

Cool. I think I will be there as well. And then drive up that evening.

5 Likes

I’m leaning to going to the the BMW but playing more golf does sound tempting

2 Likes

Tried to start a sheet for us to coordinate Sunday activities.

Please feel free to add/modify as needed, just a starting point.

7 Likes

Added an airbnb/roommate tab

2 Likes

I made a 3:00 tee time at Lawsonia on Sunday. I couldn’t edit the Google doc from my phone

1 Like

The real question is who’s gonna pay homage to JT and the best 3 wood ever, with the Pink pants??? I don’t have any… yet…

2 Likes

I don’t have pink pants, but I do have a pair of pink shorts that are too short and my wife tells me I’m not allowed to wear in public in case children are around.

Would those suffice?
Apologies in advance to my playing partners

5 Likes

Never been to PGA Tour Event so I plan on being there. Driving in from Nebraska. Anyone golfing on Saturday?

2 Likes

Any other sickos eyeing sand valley…?

6 Likes