NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

I still have nightmares of Thunder Mountain from the AC/DC ride.

3 Likes

He slipped in a Thunder Mountain-lite recently at the end of another rock ride. Not good!

1 Like

Back by popular demand, the original and true Queen of the realm, Lady J! @ChickPhilA can you please update the title to Jess’s 30 Min Sweat Steady from 4/8/23?

Have a great week everyone!

2 Likes

Forgot to post until now but… YES YO! Great playlist and ride.

1 Like

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

I will only take Emma classes this week out of spite for these true Queen comments.

3 Likes

I know I’m risking getting thrown into a blood feud I don’t understand, buuuuuut I’ve had a Peleton for approximately 7 weeks and I only do Emma classes and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

9 Likes

It’s ok, @Douger23 just doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He’s young and naive.

To be clear, nobody is coming at Emma. Everyone loves Emma. She is the Princess to the One True Queen of Refuge Pelotondom

3 Likes

Jess is one of the two or three most annoying instructors alongside Christine and I think Brad(ley) can’t remember his name, he just yells a lot and says dumb stuff……much like Jess! She is just nails on a chalk board to me (even if @EZmiss believes it is age dependent, it is most definitely not).

@mikedabomb, you have made a great great choice!

3 Likes

I feel it’s appropriate to clarify my stance here. Many people are saying I pander to the philosophy of “both sides-ism” about my Peloton instructor preferences /s

In all seriousness, Emma and Denis (aside from the blatant misspelling of his name) are the two best and my favorite instructors.

HOWEVA - Jess King is no question the Protector of the Realm.

6 Likes

I think we need to separate Jess King Experience rides and Jess King rides (especially sweat steady)… bc that was a blast, she is a top tier programmer/instructor, and I also think the sweat steady rides give the most bang for your buck. Bow down to the queen.

2 Likes

Had to get in a ride for the real queen last night!

5 Likes

I’m new here but those numbers seem insane. Great work!

Much appreciated! This one definitely snuck up on me. One of the first times of been up there after an injury!

So I searched the thread and didn’t see any mentions of it, but does anyone here do power zones? I did the FTP test last month, and just finished the five week Build Your Power Zones series, with a second test coming in a few days. I had been doing a lot of scenic rides while listening to podcasts and making up my own workouts, but I like the idea of following a structured course that I can still customize to my own power zones.

Indeed my friend, PowerZone rides are part of my regular routine. I never did the Discover program but did the Build program, saw some good progress from the first FTP to the last FTP over that 5 week period. Planning to do the Peak program later this year.

1 Like

At some point, Power Zone rides became the best possible thing. I do the Power Zone Pack challenge (off Peloton) but got COVID right before the last one started and it’s messed me up. The best part is knowing you’re getting the exactly right workout for Power Zone rides - a lot of folks here add 10 resistance to non PZ rides and good for them, but everyone on a PZ ride theoreticaly gets the same workout. Highly recommended.

2 Likes

The “walk outdoors” function is really paying off.

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I like compared to the other classes because I was never sure where I should be in a given range. Now I just need to be in my zone. We’ve had the bike for years and like 70% of my workouts have been in the last few months*, once I found out I could integrate the Peleton with the Apple Watch fitness app, which communicates with MyFitnessPal where I track calories (down 30 lbs. since the new year). I’m a sucker for stuff that tracks that kind of data. I’m basically buying calories that I can use on booze. I also like the PZ workouts because I feel like they’re better for me than what I was doing on my own, which was just killing it from the start to get my heart rate up to burn more calories, which probably isn’t great. I like the idea that I’m getting a proper warm up. I use the nolayingup hashtag, btw, but not sure if anyone else does.

*I used to ride on a set of really nice, expensive rollers quite a bit, but they and my workout bike would need a fair amount of maintenance to get back into shape. I put over 15,000 miles on those rollers over a handful of years, so got my money’s worth.

I think the actual hasthag is NLURefuge

2 Likes