NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

It appears that one of @Rossy2644 nominations (a Sam Rock Ride from 10/6) was purged from the Peloton library for some reason. So I took the liberty of choosing a similar ride for the week, Sam’s 30 Min Rock Ride from 9/30/22. If anyone conscientiously objects I won’t be offended and am happy to respin the random number generator. @ChickPhilA can you please update the title when you have a minute?

Also, the list is getting short on nominations. If anyone is so inclined a link is below where you can add rides to your hearts content to be randomly chosen for future weeks. Happy Masters week!

3 Likes

What is the best way to find rides #NLURefuge has already done on the bike or the app? Am I missing something?

Couple ways - you can scroll through the thread title updates at the top of the thread or check out the google doc linked above. Anything with a checkmark is one we’ve done. I think we’re upwards up 100 now!

OK time for another ride update, another one you can thank me for! It’s Leanne’s 30 Min 80’s Ride from 10/28/22. @ChickPhilA can you please update the title when you have a minute? Hope everyone has a great week!

2 Likes

First ride feeling normal again after my hip injury in early February! While I usually love some Whitney Houston, having that as the last song after Guns and Roses was definitely interesting!

1 Like

I’ll add this one to the spreadsheet but the Queen is back with a Sweat Steady and it was something.

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Can tell our Lady is just getting back on her feet after maternity leave. She was full on silent for like 45 seconds in the middle seemingly trying to catch her breath. We stan.

3 Likes

Definitely an electric playlist with Rick Astley and Whitney bookending the likes of GnR, Bon Jovi and Def Leppard. Good ride though.

2 Likes

Y’all talking about this fake Queen yesterday inspired me to ride with the real Queen! Emma’s 90’s rock rides stay undefeated!

9 Likes

Nobody is disrespecting Emma, but these are fighting words

2 Likes

I feel like we will end up arguing about Jess at some point at the Siege. She’s cringeworthy and I have yet to take one of her rides that I didn’t switch to more music.

Am I the only one who always switches to more music no matter the instructor?

4 Likes

I’m usually lazy/don’t think about it and leave it on standard. Jess is bad enough that I usually change within 5 minutes. The setting that makes no sense to me is the more instructor option. Lol

1 Like

I do it every single time.

1 Like

Not riding much these days (still hitting the strength classes hard) - but managed to sneak this one in before heading out of town for the weekend. Good program, definitely agree on the playlist @Rossy2644 lol

3 Likes

Thanks @Rossy2644 for nominating the ride this week. Really enjoy this format of Sam’s! We’ve got Sam’s 30 Min Grunge Ride from 2/4/23. @ChickPhilA can you please update the title at your leisure? Have a great week everyone!

4 Likes

I believe the technical term for this option is “The Christine button.”

My new favorite thing of hers is her talking about how she’s just gonna be quiet and let us listen to the music … and literally not taking a breath before she talks over the whole song. I like her rides from a structure perspective and some of her music but man she’s a LOT

4 Likes

Took a 20 min. Sam ride this morning that whipped my ass. Feel like his rides always sneak up and are just absolute ass kickers.