NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

Tell me more about an all yellow robin tabata ride please

1 Like

Whenever Robin wears all yellow she’s planned a harder/more intense class…this includes HITT and Hills and Climbs as well.

2 Likes

Faced my fear and tackled my first HITT ride! Throughout the ride Emma kept reminding me that “I chose this ride” and I was like “TECHNICALLY NO I DID NOT” so thanks @Rossy2644 :stuck_out_tongue:
Glad to hold down the caboose for #NLURefuge :slight_smile: And was pretty cool to see that Adam Scott has also done this ride (AussieScotty is his leaderboard name and yes he blew me out of the water…)

6 Likes

Do we dare add a Robin ‘all yellow’ tabata ride to the list ??

2 Likes

Of course! I’ve never taken one myself but I guess I never knew yellow=extra difficulty either. Any ride is fair game here! The peloton thread is truly a free market.

2 Likes

Proud of my wife. She did a live class with Emma today and had a blast. I was pretty impressed with the studio setup and seeing the “behind the scenes” production process.

12 Likes

Awesome! I just took a ride with Emma today, and there was a live class. It was a 45-min Classic Rock. At one point she was getting into the music and said, “Feel free to get into it too!” to the group and this older guy in frame, smiling and into it, took his hands off the bar and almost started dancing and then I guess realized he was on camera, an old white dude and pulled back.

3 Likes

Was it the Classic Rock one from today because that Beatles playlist looked so good! Taking a class at PSNY is on my bucket list! Glad she enjoyed it!

It was. I took it on demand when we got home and it was a great class and playlist. Not easy for a “music” ride

1 Like

This is awesome!

That… wasn’t easy. Went by quick though! 2 minute pushes are no joke!

1 Like

Update time, a bit of a change of pace instructor-wise which will be nice! Thanks @slheld for nominating Ally’s 20 Min 2010’s Pop Ride from 11/22/22! @ChickPhilA can you please update the title when you have a moment?

3 Likes

Ear scare - went temporarily deaf in one ear and 75% in the other - is finally over. Truth be told, I should’ve been back on the wagon sooner, but need to gear up for golf season now that KC is seeing 50s and 60s somewhat regularly.

2 Likes

OK, math wizards…pop quiz. (You didn’t know you were a math wizard? Well, strap up.)

I suspect my bike’s calibration is off. When I turn the resistance knob all the way to the right, it hits 100 and then I can turn the knob 2 1/2 -3 times. Per Peloton support, I need to recalibrate but the guy on the phone either didn’t understand my question or didn’t want to answer it. That question is this:

Today, let’s say I am riding a class at 40 resistance. If I calibrate per the above, and ride at 40, it should feel easier, yes? And if I want to ride at the same effort as before, i should be able to turn the bike up to some number above 40.

I think this is true because 100 is not currently the max, so what I see as “30” or “40” is probably a lower number in reality. And if I recalibrate, the effort I expend at 30 or 40 today will be the same effort I expend at higher actual resistance.

This is all to say I don’t want to go through the hassle of recalibration if it’s going to produce LOWER output for me. Selfish? Perhaps. But am I thinking about this correctly?

My friend, output is purely a construct, much like free will.

2 Likes

From what I’m reading/can tell, I would think that 40 should feel harder, not easier. If you are at 100 and can keep pedaling, that means that you’re closer to 90 if that makes sense?

2 Likes

Yeah. I keep going back and forth with this. It’s math, it should be easy to figure out! So, if my 100 is really 90, my 40 is really 35 or something…

Cause if that’s the case, I ain’t recalibrating. I don’t need that life.

1 Like

From the research I’ve done, that’s correct. If it were at a 95 and you couldn’t turn the wheel anymore, the bike is under reporting. Where you can turn the wheel “heavier” with it at 100, that would mean it is displaying a resistance heavier than what it is actually at.

And par.

3 Likes

I’ve added one of Robin’s 20 min Tabata rides from last October to the Googlesheet. I took it this morning and it was tough but pretty straightforward - 3 sets of 8, 20 second reps with 10 second recoveries. The first 2 sets were in the saddle and the final set was optional in or out of the saddle.

2 Likes