NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

Fun ride this week!

Question for the gang here - I moved my Peloton from one room to another and coincidentally had so much going on I didnā€™t ride a ton for a few weeks.

So there are at least two reasons that could be causing the fact my Output has stunk the last few rides. Part of it for sure is that not riding can really get you to lose your riding legs fast, and this has happened to me before. But Iā€™m also wondering if by moving it Iā€™ve somehow screwed up the calibration.

I know it doesnā€™t matter, the workout is the workout but ā€¦ Iā€™d like it to be accurate. Are there any tests I can do for calibration before getting someone to come out and check it?

I seem to remember that if you can turn the knob all the way to the right and resistance does not hit 100, or if you 100 before it canā€™t spin any more, you are off and need calibrating. *quick internet search confirms that as a test.

2 Likes

Can anyone help out by providing the ride nomination form?

1 Like

Was travelling for work this week and my hotel happened to have a couple Peloton bikes. Night and day difference from my bike at home. 50 on the hotel bike was equivalent to about 35 on my home bike. Needless to say I set a couple new PRs that I have no chance of ever getting close to and need to look into have someone come out and take a look at my bike.

You have that backwards. Your home back is likely fine, the hotel bikes are loose due to lots of use.

2 Likes

Iā€™d just erase the hotel PRā€™s. You can erase PRā€™s and reset them at home.

You guys arenā€™t helping my excuses for why I canā€™t come close to some of the numbers the sickos on here are putting up.

#aspiringjuicer

How you likin Total Strength 2? I enjoyed the first one quite a lot. Andyā€™s a very good coach

Itā€™s okay - very shoulder and leg heavy. I think I like TS1 better (Iā€™ll probably run it again starting in a few weeks so I can properly compare them).

1 Like

OK folks, time for another update. Shoutout @rkris for this one. Weā€™ve got Denisā€™s 30 Min Rock Ride from 1/24/23 on tap. @ChickPhilA can you please update this one when you have a chance? Have a great week everyone!

5 Likes

Seems I missed the last peleton sale in December for a tread - does anyone have a good line / insight into when they seemingly run some discounting on their products?

Sorry for the late update here, holidays always throw me off! Anyway, thanks @Rossy2644 for this weekā€™s pick of Emmaā€™s 20 Min HIIT Ride from 1/23/23. @ChickPhilA can you please update the title at your leisure?

1 Like

As someone who said one of their Peloton goals this year was to branch out from music rides and actually try some HITT and Tabata and Climb ridesā€¦Iā€™m down for this weekā€™s pick :grimacing: :grimacing:

2 Likes

Hahaha, sounds like you made a grave mistake. Lol, Iā€™m working on getting some hip flexor issues fixed and am considering the powerzone program finally. Iā€™m both scared and excited for the FTP test.

Would highly highly recommend a warmup ride before HIIT rides

3 Likes

That FTP test is the scariest thing on the Peloton platformā€¦Possibly scarier than an all yellow Robin Tabata :flushed: Best of luck!!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve yet to do an all yellow Robin Tabatta, but sounds like I should. Lol