NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

Hit this Wednesday and forgot to post! Good playlist

1 Like

Should be another fun ride this week - thanks @yungloudancolin for the nomination of Emmaā€™s 5 Year Anniversary Ride from 7/26/2022. @ChickPhilA please update the title when you can

6 Likes

Great ride this week! Loved hopping onto it and seeing @greebs was one of the two other people taking it at the time!

4 Likes

I for sure enjoyed seeing you detonate me on the leaderboard in very short order.

They say you lose your bike muscles fast - itā€™s been a few weeks since Iā€™ve rode due to a trip, a heat wave and a crazy tight/strained quad muscle. My output on this ride as disgraceful, but it was still fun!

2 Likes

I absolutely detonated myself on this one. I went out hard trying to PR and completely forgot that my allergy affected lungs (shoutout harvest time) and a weekend of waaaaay to many carbs was not a great recipe for that. Lol

3 Likes

When do yā€™all ride together? Feel free to add me (same username as on here)ā€¦ Iā€™m trying to get back on my workout wagon.

Itā€™s rarely a coordinated ride but thatā€™s not an awful idea - time zones have tended to make it tougher than it should be. But chime in and let us know when youā€™re going to ride!

2 Likes

Sigh

Yeah, I just happened to stumble across the fact the @greebs was doing the ride at the same time. One thing that you can do is add the refugepeloton tag and your bike should let you know if people with that tag are working out when you get on.

1 Like

I added the refuge tag to my profile.

Iā€™m doing Alexā€™s rock ride from 10/22/21 today at 5:15 central if anyone wants to hop on. Going with an old favorite because Iā€™m trying to get back in the swing of things.

1 Like

That was rough.

That was a good one.

I did a couple of Samā€™s 80s Rock Rides this week that were tough. Will add them to the spreadsheet.

1 Like

Thanks to @Douger23 for nominating this weekā€™s ride! Itā€™s Alexā€™s 30 Min Club Bangers from 8/6/22. @ChickPhilA please update when youā€™ve got a chance. Have a great week!

2 Likes

Took this one as a first ride back and really enjoyed it! Great seeing both @SandhillBlowout and @ChickPhilA on there too!

1 Like

The playlist was :fire: on this ride.

I reset my PRs last week since I really havenā€™t been on the bike in any regular fashion since I have the vid in March. Did a Denis 30 min rock ride last ride too with a great playlist (listen, play any 1st album Rage Against the Machine and Iā€™m probably going to take that ride - bullet in the head is a great one) and I finished both around the same output. Can only go up from here.

1 Like

hello friends, been a while, life has been wild this year. soliciting input from the actual cyclists on hereā€¦

a couple of college buddies are going on a bike trip on the Katy Trail and have invited me to go. Plan is get on the Amtrak Friday night to Jefferson City MO, ride about 50miles on Sat and camp, then ride another 40-50miles to Sedalia on Sun and catch the train back to KC.

Iā€™ve never done anything like this, and am incredibly ill prepared equipment wise. The other guys say they have enough gear that I can use, but Iā€™m also a bit concerned about that much time in the saddle of an actual bike, as Iā€™ve ridden it no more than like 30miles total.

My buddies have nothing much to offer regarding the massive transition from stationary to real bike other than the expected taunting and ridicule, since theyā€™re actual cyclists. I havenā€™t spent a ton of time on the Peloton this year, but I did reset my 30min PR a week ago, so Iā€™m not totally out of shape, but am I going to have a bad time here? How much harder is real life cycling while hauling gear?

My actual bike is a Giant Fastlane, straight bar, no clips.

I need to commit one way or the other tonight.

2 Likes

Classic @tnord ā€œI havenā€™t been on my Peloton at all this year but set a new 30 minute PR anyway for the lolzā€ (missed you buddy, welcome back).

5 Likes

A week of training for a 100mile 2-day ride is plenty isnā€™t it?

Considering I bought youā€™re gonna be going as hard as that 30 minute ride, I feel like youā€™re in a good spot for say oneā€¦ā€¦day two could be a bit more of a grind, but should be able to get through it. Full disclosure, Iā€™ve never done more than a 25 mile ride though.

Whatā€™s a reasonable expectation for how long this is going to take? Is this like 5+hrs in the saddle each day? I donā€™t know what sort of rate of speed to expect. If we had a chase vehicle taking all our gear and I could just pound it out in like 2.5 - 3hrs I wouldnā€™t be too worried about it. But I donā€™t know how my butt would handle 10hrs on a not super comfortable seat.