NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

Got the weekly ride taken this morning! Still gotta say that Alex is probably my favorite instructor!

2 Likes

Oof.

Hey all - Iā€™m going to take my 1,000th ride on Sunday, 10:30AM PST with Emma. Itā€™s an EDM ride which is decidedly not my jam, but Emma is my jam, so life is about trade offs. Feel free to join if you can!

12 Likes

Iā€™ll be there man! Early congrats, canā€™t wait

1 Like

Awesome, great idea! Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Iā€™m playing in my clubā€™s stroke play championship or Iā€™d be there. Congrats and best of luck!

1 Like

Count me in, man!

EDIT: apologies, Iā€™m out :cry: thatā€™s 10:30AM PST Iā€™ll be out on the course here in EST, sorry man! But early congrats!

2 Likes

I wonā€™t be able to catch it live, but cannot wait to catch it this week! @cnasty, can we do an emergency nomination for next weeks ride if the week to celebrate this?

2 Likes

Love it! @ChickPhilA How about an emergency thread update to celebrate @greebs 1000th Ride with Emma on 8/28 at 1:30 EST/10:30 PST?

We can just leave this one up through next weekend given the special occasion.

2 Likes

You guys are all too kind.

1 Like

Congrats on 1k rides @greebs! Impressive stuff.

With the new PZP challenge kicking off tomorrow I made my long overdue return to the bike today. This was my first ride since April 25th. It has not been a healthy summer :grimacing:

Had to do a new FTP test to reset my zones. As usual, the FTP ride is the absolute worst. My FTP went from 367 to 304. I guess Iā€™ll find out tomorrow how much that affected my zones.

3 Likes

304 is still super impressive! Your zones are ā€¦ your zones. Today. Thatā€™s the only thing that matters as long as you test on a day where you are ready to test. I like the PZP because it forces you to ride 3-4 times a week, often a ride I might not do on my own. Skipping this one as Iā€™ll be off golfing for a week right in the middle of it (awww poor me).

That was fun! Thanks to those who showed up and I even got a shoutout from Emma. Taking a photo of that and forgetting to turn the fan on probably cost me a few kj but was a good way to celebrate the milestone!

13 Likes

I was sitting on the couch scrolling through the Refuge at 10:25 and saw the topic heading and figured I should get off my ass to ride with you for 1K haha.

I tried taking a video of your call out but missed it. :man_facepalming:

Congrats @greebs!

4 Likes

Thanks for the invite today, was a great ride! That was my first ride after getting over what was probably the vid and Iā€™m completely wiped out. Great way to get back in the swing of things and awesome to hear the shoutout! Will post the screenshot of the class later on for the group.

5 Likes

Hereā€™s the class for the week. It was a good one!

1 Like

Got the ride taken this morning! Had an awesome time with this one and once again, credit to @greebs for hitting 1k (shout-out is at about 11:45)! Thatā€™s a of an accomplishment!

6 Likes

How in the shit were you in any state to ride this morning after Sweetens Saturday? And to put up numbers like that

2 Likes

Hahahahaha, Iā€™m young(ish) and bounced back I guess? Driving home Saturday is what I give all credit to. Lol

1 Like

I may not be at @Douger23 level but that ride had me rollinā€™! Sorry I couldnā€™t do it live @greebs but I did give a little ā€œwhoo!ā€ When you got your shout out. Congrats again on your 100th ride!

8 Likes