NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

For some reason, I could never get the hang of the one forward one back hinges. It was also the first ride I had ever had with those.

1 Like

thanks for linking this was a fascinating listen

1 Like

I despise groove rides. No hate, I just feel like a real jackass doing them.

Part of it might be I once rode in studio with Emma and it was a groove ride and I was in the front row and I couldn’t necessarily sync up. She very nicely gave generic advice about how to do execute tap backs and I felt like it was directed at me.

Is my neurosis showing?

Also, she gave me a walk by fist bump after class and a “nice job,” so I got that going for me, which is nice.

6 Likes

On the contrary, that was some of the most fun I’ve ever had on a bike. Not sure why I’m so fond of groove rides, but I am. For whatever reason it works for me.

1 Like

10 Likes

Couple items of business this week - first the new weekly ride. Shoutout @Rossy2644 for nominating Sam’s AC/DC Ride from 12/1/21. @ChickPhilA please update the thread when you can.

Also, we’re running low on ride nominations. Please jump in there if you have a few minutes and add a ride or two for the group. The ride selection process is very scientific. I use a random number generator to select the rides each week and then announce it on Mondays. There’s no requirements/limitations to the rides. It could be a ride you’ve taken and loved or one that looks enjoyable. I’ll add a few at some point today hopefully.

Link to the spreadsheet here.

2 Likes

Credit to @Rossy2644 (I can tell you love it by the 4 times you showed up on the refuge leaderboard!) for the ride nomination this week! This is still one of my top 5-10 classes I’ve ever taken. Also, thunder mountain is absolutely no joke. Lol

5 Likes

Ah thunder mountain! Looking forward to doing this one again. Good to get some Bon Scott
era AC/DC into the ride as well.

2 Likes

stop saying Thunderstruck!

stop saying Thunderstruck!

STOP SAYING THUNDERSTRUCK!!!

1 Like

It felt like college, but not nearly as fun this time.

5th time doing the ride. Will likely do it again.

3 Likes

Wow - way more fun that I expected

5 Likes

Putting this one on my to do for Monday!

Yup, that was awesome

1 Like

Is anyone doing the upcoming PZP Challenge starting on August 29th? As much as the classes get monotonous and the music is hit or miss, I need some structure to get back into this thing.

I haven’t gotten on the bike since April, so I will definitely need to retake the FTP test, which is gonna suck. My zones would be way off otherwise. I am very curious to see how far my zones have dropped.

I am doing reddits Power Zone training schedule currently. Music doesn’t impact my motivation much, but the structure helps a ton so powerzone training schedules work for me.

1 Like

Link please…?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pelotoncycle/comments/wjaqj7/redditpz_powerzone_training_program_signup_thread

1 Like

I’m going to try it out. Done plenty of power zone but nothing with power zone pack

1 Like

New ride for the week! Thanks @yungloudancolin for the nomination of Alex’s 30 Min Club Bangers from 10/23/21. @ChickPhilA please update the title when you’ve got a minute or two. Enjoy!

4 Likes