NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

I like Jess, i can’t do the jke

1 Like

Does anyone know how to get a spot or ticket to a class in the NYC studio?

Hit my 200th ride on Monday and did my first ever live ride, which was a cool experience. Was blown away by some of the outputs that I saw. In the 950’s for 30 minutes is complete lunacy. Ended up being gutted at the end of the ride realizing I had missed a PR by 2 points. Fast forward to yesterday and I was not feeling it, but somehow ended up blowing my PR out of the water! I’ve found that HIIT workouts seem to be the best for high outputs at this point just due to the high speed high resistance efforts.

2 Likes

Good luck though, depending on when you want to go!

2 Likes

Thanks!

Looks like it’s only for a few weeks in advance?

IIRC it was that way pre-covid as well - they don’t have the instructor schedules set in stone further than a few weeks out.

For those of us who live “close” - we would just go on and see what was available. Unfortunately, I got my bike in Jan 2020 and was looking forward to trying to do my century ride live in a class on a day I would be up at my NY office was foiled by that damn 'rona.

Does anyone know if they send out Centennial shirts or anything else for your 1000th ride? I’m gonna be there in a few weeks it seems and just curious.

they do not - only that 100 ride shirt

What do you have to do to get the 100 ride shirt?

Thank you! I just checked and I hit my century as an app member before I had my bike, so that’s why I never got the email.

Honestly I barely wear my Century shirt but you’d think they’d recognize 1,000 rides too.

1 Like

I’ve come to like Jess’ Sweat Steady rides this year but not sure the “experience” rides are for me. Ticked it off the list though.

1 Like

Kinda shocked by this one. It had become an internal goal of mine to break the 600 mark and can’t believe I did it. Was not expecting my number one, three, and four outputs ever to come after a one week vacation.

3 Likes

Happy Friday… I took this ride during the seemingly worldwide Peloton outage this afternoon and thought I was going to lose the stats but luckily I did not. I think JKE rides are really fun every once in a while tbh but I definitely understand why they aren’t for everybody.

These numbers dont compute in my head.

2 Likes

I didn’t really believe them when I saw them. Lol

Fresh Legs!

1 Like

OK new ride incoming! Thanks @bennyl1 for nominating Leanne’s 20 Min 2000’s Rock Ride from 12/8/21. @ChickPhilA please update the title when you’ve got a moment.

Something to note real quick - my thumbnail says the ride is on 12/7/21 since it was aired at 11:30 PM here on the west coast. I imagine most folks are not in the same time zone as me so it would show up as 12/8/21. This sort of thing happens from time to time depending on what time zone you’re in since Peloton will show the classes in your local time. If there’s confusion about the date when you’re looking for the class just use the image!

3 Likes

Just wanted it to be known that as the self appointed Court Jester to our Queen, I did the ride from last week. Won’t miss a chosen JK ride. I do like sweat steadys more than the JKEs though

4 Likes