NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

I nominated this one and for some reason I remembered it being much better. Anyway, still enjoyed it and always good to hear some Amy Winehouse. What a talent who died way too young.

I am a little under 6 months into my Peloton journey now, and with the exception of when I had COVID for about a week and a weeklong vacation I took, Iā€™ve done a ride every weekday morning. I havenā€™t really weighed myself because I do not care, but I did have a physical at a new doctorā€™s office just a few days after I first got the bike.

For whatever reason, I decided to weigh myself and take a look the other day, and I was pretty pleased to see Iā€™d dropped 15lbs in those months. Obviously not a ton in a little under 6 months, except I have done no dieting whatsoever other than trying to not snack much while working during the day, and Iā€™d argue that I really have cut out nothing and donā€™t eat particularly healthy. I also donā€™t ride as much as many others - usually 30 minutes, though if I have a busy day of work and need to get going, sometimes only 20. Usually late June until mid August is a quiet time for me at work, so Iā€™d been planning to do more 45s, but not yet.

Not bad, Iā€™d say.

13 Likes

Week late in joining the group after vacation and although I lean toward the Kendall dislike, this is my highest output ever and first time over 500, so whatever

5 Likes

Great example of a ride I would never in a million years choose by myself but actually quite enjoyed!

2 Likes

Well after everyone saying this is the ride to take to PR I decided to give it try despite my Kendall hate. Have to say it worked.

4 Likes

Larry_David_Conflicted.gif

3 Likes

This weekā€™s ride is brought to you by yours truly - this is one of my favorite rides Iā€™ve taken on Peloton so Iā€™ll need to re-take it this week. Itā€™s Denisā€™s 20 Min HIIT Ride from 11/10/21. If you donā€™t normally take warm up rides I would strongly encourage one before this ride! @ChickPhilA please update the title when you can. Hope everyone enjoys it!

5 Likes

A proper test with a pretty good setlist. I dont know if it was my bike but is there no leaderboard or cadence/resistance callouts showing? I took a warmup and they were there but for this ride they disappeared.

1 Like

Did you build it inside a stack? Those metrics glitch sometimes in a stack, as opposed to exiting classes and entering new ones.

I did. Didnt know that was an issue. Had never seen that problem before

1 Like

Its a known issue, but it doesnā€™t happen as much as it did when stacks first came out. Happens to me maybe once a month.

Ah hadnā€™t heard of that before. I took the HIIT ride and it was fine but then stacked it with a 10 min low impact ride and that one didnā€™t have the leaderboard or cadence / resistance. Thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been super frustrated - about two weeks ago we had a major internet outage in my neighborhood (I was riding the bike at the time which was not ideal, but thankfully it was just the cool down ride). The bike has been unable to connect to WiFi since - it loses the IP address within three seconds. Casual surfing through Reddit suggests this can happen and if the bike fails like this, the tablet is toast.

I was out of town last weekend so I didnā€™t follow up on it but did again today and yep, thatā€™s the case. And of course, Iā€™m out of warranty. So for the low price of $350 a new tablet is on its way. Hopeful I donā€™t have to do this every two years. In the meantime, my June minutes are gonna SUCK. Trying to do some strength and boxing type classes just to workout at all, but i miss my bike!

1 Like

Could you do some classes on the app to get some minutes? Not sure if there is a way to sink outputs to it or not, but I am pretty sure the app still logs it towards annual and monthly goals

It definitely does count. I tried to ride on the bike using the app and it was so weird. Turns out Iā€™m HUGELY dependent on knowing what my cadence/resistance is! But I can do other types of stuff via the app, just a big bummer this happened at all.

Gotcha. Yeah, I had two weeks with the app that I didnā€™t have a cadence monitor and it was super weird. I noticed my strain was actually higher because I went harder than usual. Is there anyway to link the bike to the app?

Really enjoyable ride - Denis is a close second in my instructor rankings (behind Emma)ā€¦ I need to take more of his rides!

2 Likes

This weekā€™s ride should be a very different vibe than the many LIV Golf takes out there. Thanks to @Rossy2644 for the nomination of Samā€™s 30 Min 80ā€™s Rock Ride from 5/31/22! @ChickPhilA please update the title when youā€™ve got a chance. Have a great week everyone!

4 Likes

Loved getting back to the weekly ride this week after missing it for the past couple of weeks. Really enjoyed how the effort blocks were broken up here!

3 Likes

Average Resistance 62ā€¦average cadence 80??? Are you the incredible fucking hulk? Good lord!

1 Like