NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

I just rode a Peloton for the first time at my parents. I think I am in love with Ally Love.

5 Likes

Sheā€™s easy to like. Stay off her Instagram if you donā€™t want to get grossed out by how much of an ā€œinfluencerā€ vibe she has there.

1 Like

Out of the blue the sensors on my bike stopped working; when I start a workout and start pedaling nothing happens. Should I call support to get somebody to look at it or is there a super secret way to kickstart it?

Did you try unplugging and blowing on it?

Seriously though I think it happened once to me, I unplugged to restart it and it worked?

1 Like

I have a Concept 2 rower. Full retail is 900 bucks and is hands down the best rower money can buy despite there being others that are A LOT more expensive. A C2 will last 20 years with very minimal maintenance.

I am curious to see Pelotonā€™s entry. I probably would not ditch my C2 for a Peloton rower, the C2 is literally too good. But I might use the app to do a row class, so that will be cool.

I wish they would fix the tread+ though. My treadmill is showing itā€™s age and the tread+ was a fantastic treadmill, the slats are awesome.

Yeah, I am pretty curious what is going on with the Tread+ - there are for sure more runners than folks who are into rowing machines, so thereā€™s no financial model out there that would prioritize a rower over a tread, so they must not be able to figure out how to solve the issue that got them in hot water in the first placeā€¦

OK folks - another ride update. Thanks to @Rossy2644 for nominating Samā€™s 30 Min Def Leppard Ride from 4/20/22 this week. @ChickPhilA please update when youā€™ve got a minute or two. Have a great week everybody!

2 Likes

This has happened with mine before. Resetting it either through the menu or unplugging and replugging it back in seemed to fix it for me.

1 Like

I took off the cover, cleaned up some mildly gross grime build up, screwed it all back together, restarted it, and it works again. Idk if I solved it with cleaning up under the plastic cover or if the restart did the trick, but looks good now. I restarted it before and it still didnā€™t work until i cleaned it, so true who could say situation here.

1 Like

Great weekly ride! Not gonna lie, I had never listened to a ton of Def Leopard before and always forget how good Sam is too and need to take more of his rides!

5 Likes

It is a fun ride. I grew up listening to Def Leppard back in the early 90ā€™s in university. They were big in Canada. Sam had been slipping their songs into his 80ā€™s and 80ā€™s rock rides over the past year so I think he was pretty excited when they were able to get the artist series together.

2 Likes

My allergies have been so bad this week Iā€™m just happy I got through this one :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

OK folks - time for a new ride with an instructor that isnā€™t polarizing at all! Thanks to @Nsandila for the nomination of this weekā€™s ride! Weā€™ve got Kendallā€™s 45 Min Rock Ride from 10/25/20. @ChickPhilA please update when you can! Have a great week everyone!

6 Likes

Come for the duck face, stay for her consistently stating a different cadence and resistance then she just told you about!

6 Likes

hell to the absolute not

2 Likes

Just as I said, not polarizing!

2 Likes

Sounds like a great first 45 minute ride with my own bike! Lets gooooooo!

2 Likes

Sheā€™s not my fav but I have taken that ride 2 or 3 times now and Iā€™ve got a PR each time so there must be some method to her madness.

1 Like

This piqued my interest, so preparing to hold my nose I checked it out. Turns out I took this. And with a playlist of Creed, Linkin Park and a few others, the good songs donā€™t outweigh the annoyance of Kendall. She can get a good workout out of you though, I will happily acknowledge

1 Like

Totally forgot about the update with the holiday yesterday! Anyway, here it is a day late. Thanks for @Rossy2644 for nominating Hannah Fā€™s 30 Min Amy Winehouse Ride from 1/12/2022. @ChickPhilA please update when youā€™ve got a minute or two. Have a great week everyone!

3 Likes