NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

This captures how I feel right now.

Also read this

2 Likes

Add me Chessnotchecker i need to get my ass back on it too.

Will do. This is the first time I’ve done a ride in awhile. Did a 30 mins ride and it kicked my ass barely got to 325 total output

1 Like
1 Like

I dont have a Peloton but I use the app, connected to a Wahoo Bluetooth trainer in the basement. The rides kick my ass, but something about the instructors keep me motivated, if you know what I mean.

1 Like

I have made never ending excuses, so it would be great to have a group on here to make me feel ashamed if i am not using it.
giphy

1 Like

add me…

Whose your favorite trainer?

That ad was pretty cringeworthy. Some good parodies on the interwebs

Been enjoying Jess King lately

4 Likes

Just got a peloton about 2-1/2 weeks ago and have been really enjoying it so far. Was never one to go to spin classes or actually use a gym membership but having it right in the house has allowed (forced?) me to change my routine and get up earlier to ride before work.

Riding every day I’ve advanced from beginner classes to the standard rides and I’m amazed at how much sweat just 20-30 minutes can produce.

Huge fan, would recommend to anyone who will listen about how simple, welcoming, and rewarding the rides can be. Great variety in classes, music, and instructors. Jess has been my go-to recently also

1 Like

I bought one for my wife for Xmas. It comes in a week and I’m actuslly pretty stoked for her (and me) about it! She’s been trying to figure out how to get back to the gym after having our son, and I feel like this has been hiding in plain sight

1 Like

My wife just started riding again after having our first. I’ve been riding less with the baby, been prioritizing lifting in golf offseason since that usually tapers for me in the summer. Need to try and get back to 2-3 times a week to supplement other workouts.

But yeah feel free to add me. JBors. Look at my high outputs from several months ago and not my shitty ones right now :neutral_face:

1 Like

i got to 321 yesterday on my 30 min workout and i thought it was pretty good.

1 Like

You have to be working hard to hit above 300 for 30 min. That’s a good result.

I’ve been in the 280-320 range the last few months with riding less. Best for 30 min is 409 and 45 is 541. Seriously with a month or two of consistent riding if you are in the 320 range you should blow those numbers away.

Also to add, if you want to break personal records do climb rides.

yeah climb rides really help in breaking personal records for sure. I need to get back to riding more consistently, prior to yesterday i hadn’t done a ride since July. During the climb portion of my ride yesterday which came about halfway though the resistance was up around 75 with cadence around 70-75 and i thought i was going to have a heart attack forgot how much it can just kick your butt. I like to target around 340-350 for a 30 min ride and 375+ if it is a climb ride. I’m also a big fan of tabata rides and might take one of those tonight. I need to branch out to other instructors and try them as well.

My ranking goes:

Alex
Emma
Cody
Matt
Dennis
Ally

Almost never do any others.

1 Like

ive just been trying to get into the top 10% overall on the leaderboard and thats kinda in the 320 to 330 range and makes me think im doing ok. also been recovering from some bp issues and the dr keeps telling me not to push it too much

im
robin or robyn or whatever almost exclusively as i love 90s hip hop.
alex
jess king
ally

and i dont think ive done anyone else. out of my 50 rides i would say 40 or so are with robin

I ride mainly with Alex, (when i do ride) but i also like Robyn, Jess, Dennis

i think something like 98% of my rides have been with Alex

1 Like