NLU Ladies

If you ever get something like this in the Toledo area be sure to reach out to Kathy, I’m sure she’d love to check it out! Obviously when the covid is squared away.

Hey ladies (and gents)
Newish here! Based in southwestern Ontario, Canada. First year of golf finished and I am HOOKED with ~75 rounds under my belt! Breaking 90 was a highlight. Love listening/watching the NLU crew on their adventures. Looking forward to some golf trips after COVID

16 Likes

Welcome!

Long time golfer here and I still haven’t broken 90 so hand claps for you on the breaking 80 achievement!

1 Like

Omg, it should have said 90… edited lol

3 Likes

Welcome! So impressed that you played so much and well in your first year. Congratulations!

Welcome to the Refuge! There’s a Canadian thread if you haven’t come across it yet and a meet up being planned for June:

3 Likes

Welcome @cfrench! Link to the June SW Ontario event if you’re interested:

2 Likes

Welcome! Hopefully we’ll see you at Tarandowah in June for The Tussle!

Do we think this thread is sticking around after today? It’s roll call-adjacent in my opinion…

2 Likes

it’s in the community center. makes sense to keep it.

it doesn’t get off the rails does it?

1 Like

When I started NLU Ladies, I put it in Community Center because it seemed like the best fit. Maybe we could request an NLU Ladies section? Maybe more ladies could find us?

6 Likes

I’m not sure how things are getting merged/organized/deleted, but this thread is the farthest thing from a dumpster fire so hopefully it’ll stay put.

7 Likes

For what it’s worth (next to nothing), I think this thread is tremendous and I’ve enjoyed reading it and asking questions to help my wife and kids enjoy the game.

It had better stick around.

3 Likes

Totally agree!

I’ve said a bunch of times that one of the best things NLU does is being inclusive of women golfers and golf fans. Would make sense for the hashtagbrand to keep this in front of the wall…(@Double_Bogey_Dave @Randy)

8 Likes

Are any ladies attending the Tussle at Tarandowah?

2 Likes

Unfortunately not planning any international travel at the moment due to covid and all BUT just wanted to say don’t let the lack of other women at an event keep you from attending! I’ve had nothing but incredible experiences with refuge/NLU golf events.

Signed, the only lady in attendance at the NIT (and one of only 2 at the Donnybrook).

8 Likes

I am not planning on attending but I’ll echo @ChickPhilA ‘s comments. don’t let it sway you. I was the San Antonio Duel and met @Sarah and the other Refugee’s. everyone was fantastic and super welcoming. one of the few communities that are welcoming to everyone.

have so much fun!!!

3 Likes

Probably not going to make it out across the county but echo @imsocrabby comment, if you can make it, go! The dudes I’ve meet through this place have all been awesome and super welcoming! And it would be awesome to have a lady representation at the Duck Club event!

7 Likes

Ladies, help me with what driver length my wife needs? 5’5"

My wife is 5’7” and her driver is 43”.

Edit: I am not a lady, but thought I could offer some insight.