NLU Bandon 2022: Happy Anniversary

Maybe I should have put drink in bold. That round after my first ace will cost me a ton. lol.

With all the feedback it looks like somewhere between $4000 and $4500 should do it. No more, maybe a bit less. Time to start the go-fund-me.

3 Likes

Rental Car rates currently…are not great. Like Insane in some instances. We looked at renting a car for a weekend, $600. For 48 hours.

Could just be where and when we were looking, but I have heard it is a problem everywhere.

1 Like

Turo is the way to go when it comes to car rentals these days

1 Like

Was the very first question I asked, but didn’t get answered…if there’s enough people who are likely to be coming in around the same times…why not just consider a big coach bus?

Not like you need the car once you arrive

6 Likes

The CLC sends Grizzly to Bandon

4 Likes

From the Bandon website, the shuttle sounds like the way to go,

GROUND TRANSPORTATION

In addition to rental cars, ground transportation from the North Bend airport is available through Loop Civilized Golf Travel (866) 604-5667, Aviation Transportation (877) 315-7963, Connoisseurs Golf Transportation (877) 347-6466, or Bandon Golf Transportation (541) 551-0059. Luxury coach from Portland and Eugene is also available through VIPpdx, (503) 348-3233.

4 Likes

Coordination of everyone’s flights plus dealing with flight delays, etc. sounds like a pretty big headache.

2 Likes

Well yeah, but so does spending a boatload of money on rental cars to sit for the vast majority of the time

1 Like

Sure. But one runs the risk of individuals getting stranded without a solution to get to Bandon on time. The other just costs money, but can be mitigated by planning of smaller subsets of the large group.

x2

1 Like

Hammer the over on that one. I didn’t stay in triple digits in the pro shops there.

5 Likes

I am planning on repping the CLC as well!! @grizzly224 if we win a spot…the funds will come…I just know it :slight_smile: …Bucket lister for me so time will tell

3 Likes

Following up, here’s what I got back from my primary contact at the resort:

When we plan large groups we include F&B Gratuities, Porterage fees, Room Tax and Tournament services fees in the price. Here’s the ballpark per person breakdown on the base package:

Lodging $730 (inclusive of taxes)

Golf $785

F&B $340

Group Fees: $370

*Group Fees include: Porterage, F&B Gratuity, Tournament Services, Built-in NLU Fee

52 Likes

Especially those of us that had our trips cancelled in April 2020 due to COVID. During the short period time when Bandon was fully closed so we couldn’t have even irresponsibly gone.

2 Likes

I’m not even entering this - I’m heading to Bandon in three weeks - but I’m so geeked out on Bandon I just watched Golfholics play Bandon Dunes shot-by-shot. If that’s not a cry for help, I don’t know what is.***

***It would be me watching the RGC Shot-by-Shot on all the Bandon courses, something I’ve already done, thanks.

11 Likes

Yes.

I am there Sept 12 to 17 if anyone wants to have a beer on me.

In your defense. The Golfholics videos at Bandon were pretty good and they weren’t totally insufferable during them

I won’t be signing up for Bandon. Just not in the budget.

This is more my speed

2 Likes

How shameless can we get in this lottery?

I turn 40 in 2022…In April…and I have yet to make it to Bandon. :eyes:

Maybe it is destiny and I should just leave the shamelessness alone.

But it is probably my one time in the next 10 years my wife won’t give me grief about the cost of a golf trip. :laughing:

7 Likes