New Here - Introductions Thread

Have no idea if I’m doing this right but I guess here goes… G’day, I live in south eastern Queensland, Australia. Don’t get to play as much as I like (who does?) but I still live and breathe the game. I love the spirit behind NLU and I’m surprised it’s taken me this long to join this community. Shoutout to Panther Mike

9 Likes

Lovely town. A few years ago, I was driving from Tyler to Dallas and a Ford Explorer hit a glass coffee table that was sitting in the middle of I-20. My rental car was showered with glass shards.

Welcome @Nando!

1 Like

Welcome to the Refuge @BL23 !

Hey all!

I love the NLU podcast and the strapped series on YouTube! I am in Springfield, MO but love playing golf anywhere I travel to. Looking forward to meeting others here and talking about golf!

4 Likes

Welcome @dbotts73!

Check out the Missouri Roll Call threads for local meetups

For bigger field events, check out the Events section. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

Welcome @dbotts73!

Hi. Welcome. Show us your feet.

5 Likes

Hey @The_Cad_Says @DesertGolfer, I’ve moved out to Dubai in the last year from the UK (after attending a couple of RACDG events in '21 - would be great to tee it up with anyone here who is willing now the temperatures are cooling down!

Are you still in the RACDG Europe chat? Mike Fairburn in there is our man in Dubai.

1 Like

Thanks CAD! I’ll reach out to Mike and try and get something arranged.

Paul here. Just signed up for the Nest (Neil’s aggressive marketing finally got to me). Not sure if this the correct place for intros, since there hasn’t been any recent activity.

New golfer, yet to break 100, but absolutely hooked on the game. Based in the Capitol Region of NY.

14 Likes

Welcome! You’re already off to a good start by searching for the thread and not creating a new one.

8 Likes

Evening all, first post on the refuge after listening to the 10 year look back pod.

Strangely I have a lot of symmetry with the original author of this post. From Liverpool UK, used to be a member of Lee Park, play quite a lot at Prestatyn as a second course. Love playing the courses around the city, Royal Liverpool, West Lancs, S&A etc. especially my personal favourite, Formby. Loads of good courses you’ll never have heard of too in this part of the world.
Love the game, albeit my primary sport, both watching and playing, is football (soccer).

8 Likes

Welcome! You should buy some blades, you’ll break 90 in no time.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’m currently playing a starter set of Strata cavity back irons. I’m struggling with connection, accuracy and distance. It’s hard to pinpoint one weak spot to work on… basically no quick fixes.

1 Like

Excellent! Initiation to the cult of clean ball striking can be found here:
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/y6tb-now-a-curling-thread/92081?u=jandywlu

1 Like

Hey y’all. Matt here. Posted in a couple roll call threads but new member to the refuge. Been really into NLU for a couple years now, and been binging some of their older stuff on YouTube.

Mid-single digit living in the Seacoast of NH. Down in Naples til 1/10 if anyone wants to get a round in.

Looking forward to exploring the site more.

6 Likes

What’s up everybody? Been watching NLU on youtube for at least 2 years as they were the reason for booking my first trip to Bandon (had to wait two years and just went in late October. It was better then I could have imagined). I’m in West Chester PA and play out of White Manor. Currently an 18 handicap with dreams of getting to single digits. Happy new year everyone!

8 Likes

Welcome! We have a great contingent of sickos who play all around the pa/de/southern NJ area. @MikeRevak can get you dialed in if you’d like to get in on our Electric Phactory Roost action.

3 Likes