New Here - Introductions Thread

Hi Everyone, not sure I’ve posted this in the correct thread. Just joined the Refuge after reading all the different discussions. Been a fan of everything NLU since Tourist Sauce season 2. Live in NW England (Liverpool) have played most places (Scotland, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, USA). Try and play 2-3 times a week, member at Lee Park GC (parkland) and also 2nd club member at Prestatyn GC (links) North Wales.
Looking forward to getting back on the course
Cheers!!

10 Likes

Welcome, John! Would love to hear about how you’ve gotten on when traveling internationally, especially in Spain. Any favorite or famous courses?

Welcome aboard @39ptsonTOC buckle up for a crazy ride in the Refuge. It can get bumpy at times and flying high at others, so buckle up for the ride of your life.

Hello friends

3 Likes

Red or Blue?

1 Like

I’m from Manchester so take all that friendly welcome back if you answer red :+1:

4 Likes

Red, used to be season ticket holder in Anfield Rd
End. Many years ago now.

7 Likes

Ok cool you can stay then.

1 Like

2 Likes

I am shocked at your response :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Don’t be I now live in FL and have been way to affected by sun and Americans. I do miss English beer and kebabs though.

One of my college friends was a Liverpool FC physio so I’m not a hater. Too much great golf near you to let football get in the way.

Hi nandersen, played PGA Catalunya, & Emporda, Girona (Harry Colt design) and also various courses on Costa Del Sol.

1 Like

Used to be at Meir, Prestbury also had country membership at Royal St David’s.

Have played at Royal St David’s the past 3 years in one of their Opens, £27.50 great value love it!! One of the lads has got a caravan in Pwllheli.

1 Like

It’s a fun place, I used to go a couple of weekends a year. I actually joined because I won the Low Hcap Am trophy one year playing with their captain who then got me to join. Hated the change to 17-18 when they changed the range but still love the test of golf. The first 6 are a good test to start a round, especially if the wind is up.

Are you able to play at all in U.K. now?

No the government are reviewing the lock down on May 7th. No golf since 24th March. :frowning::frowning:

1 Like

Sucks but I’m guessing we will all appreciate and love the game that bit more when we finally get over all this.

Have you played Lythem, Birkdale, Hoylake, Formby, S&A much?

The only 3 courses I haven’t played down this coast are Royal Birkdale, Royal Lytham, and Formby. Played Hillside, S & A, West Lancs, Hesketh, Fairhaven, St Anne’s Old Links, and also Royal Liverpool &,Wallasey. Sorry for rambling on.
Would love to play Birkdale (went my first Open in 83 when Watson won.)

@The_Cad_Says can hook you up with lots of Brits. I can help you out with at all those courses when I can get back over their. I used to caddy and play a lot of tournaments in your neck of the woods so know a few guis out there.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer :+1::+1:

1 Like

Hey

We ha e a GB&I RACDG group going now with 100 members in it and if we weren’t all locked up we’d be out playing A LOT!!

Let me know if you’d like to be involved and I’ll loop you in. :slight_smile: