Nest Invitational Tournament aka NIT - Viiibbiiinnnggg

Thanks, that did look like an expensive rideshare from the airport. I’ll have to do some math to see what makes sense.

1 Like

No worries…have some other balls in the air, so we’ll see what happens.

1 Like

My ride isn’t as far but I’m coming in from Houston. Lot of miles on I-10

1 Like

In case anyone else is interested…

I calculated for Thursday afternoon to Sunday morning

A compact rental car is approx $170 total from name brand agency at the terminal. (A cheaper option is with something called Easirent that is off-terminal I guess. Anyone ever heard of or used this company?)

Lyft estimate (subject to change) is $130
$40 each way to/from the airport (x2) = $80
$10 each way to/from course/hotel (x5) = $50

Angie’s Subs is a favorite among my buddies. .6 miles from the course. They have the Peruvian gold sauce shipped all over the country.

1 Like

Also, major benefit of renting the car is limiting exposure to others, plus having some kind of storage at the course for a change of clothes/shoes, etc

7 Likes

Just rent a car. Jacksonville (and its beaches) is a car town.

The public transit here is laughably bad and relying on taxis and Silicon Valley taxi services can add up quickly because of the raw distance you have to travel to get anywhere here.

4 Likes

Agreed, was already planning on that. A few extra dollars is more than worth it to me. Just thought I’d share the calculation in case anyone else was weighing a similar decision.

1 Like

Also have to plug my buddy’s local distillery, Manifest Distilling. Their product can be purchased at many places around Jacksonville Beach. I’ve heard great things about the gin.

Thanks, always helpful to get insight on a place I have no familiarity with. My world view is no doubt influenced by the norms of silicon valley (although even I haven’t used rideshare since covid).

1 Like

Awesome, the more information everyone has the better! Like I said earlier in the thread, when it comes to COVID protocols we’re only as safe as the least cautious people at the event, so I just wanted to throw out that aspect of the rideshare calculation. My job currently has mega-restrictions related to using rideshare services (they say that if you’re in a position where you have to use them to keep the windows down, wear a mask, and sit as far from the driver as you can), so it’s been on my mind.

1 Like

Are you coming to this event? I see that you got an auto slot for organizing the event last week

Still on the fence because of work stuff, but it looks more likely than not at this point!

4 Likes

Now my mind is running with how one obtains the turnover chain during a round of golf. Par or better from a hazard or bunker sure feels like snagging one from the offense.

3 Likes

Anything still coming together/in the works for Sunday AM play? Would like to get in on something…where do I head?

1 Like

Did I miss the additional event details and logistics? I did not receive the email that was referenced in the RSVP post.

Thanks

1 Like

I’m down for Sunday. @chrismarz said he’s in for Sunday morning

2 Likes

Didn’t they have to wear it in TS Australia if they lost a ball?

This was in NY at US Open. We tested every 4 days there. Was a spit test, though, so was not a bother. Then last 3 weeks have been in Paris where we tested every 5 days. I think I had 4 tests there and my brain may or may not still be recovering from being poked and prodded…

@Canes525, @chrismarz I’m in for Sunday AM

2 Likes

Looks like we’ve got 4. Now gotta find a track to play? Any suggestions @Tron?