Nest Invitational Tournament aka NIT - Viiibbiiinnnggg

The Whole Foods grand opening is tomorrow - I can’t believe @Randy is out of town for it. The hot bar is going to be a singles extravaganza.

Mellow Mushroom right in the middle of Jax Beach. Good spot. Though, V Pizza and Biggie’s are stellar local options.

15 Likes

Biggie’s is #1 on my list to try.

But I am mostly interested in the square pies/slices, and I don’t see them on the menu. Any idea if they’ve taken them off? Would be a crushing blow.

V looks like the kind of attempt at Neapolitan I’d expect in central Florida. No offense to anybody.

1 Like

I didn’t realise, I’m staying by the one in the Baymeadows area - but not for long. Looking for a spot closer to the one you mentioned. Appreciate the heads up!

Sir, for square slices we are now exclusively a Donato’s town. In fact, the Donato’s is two blocks from Jax Beach Golf Club.

3 Likes

I have a ~5pm flight Sunday - would love to add a morning round.

1 Like

Gonna be honest, seems like a hot bar at a Whole Foods in Florida might be an entirely different kind of extravaganza at this particular point in time

15 Likes

Imagine the hot bar will be on pause and they’ll be doing pre-packaged for the foreseeable future. But thanks for chiming in.

10 Likes

You’re not kidding, especially with how the Jax Beach people here have consistently acted like COVID-19 is not real (and appearing on national news for their arrogance).

Fingers crossed that the weather is conducive to outdoor dining. November in Northeast Florida can be downright spectacular.

2 Likes

If that’s what it takes for you to see the light, absolutely. I will say, that plant-based chocolate chip cookies are completely rubbish so that may influence my opinion here.

I don’t break this out often, but if @djpie wears his Moss jersey, I’ll be his QB.

10 Likes

Big Don subs are the way to go.

Sounds good to me on a morning round. I’m sure a few more will be down to play.

Presumably a singles extravaganza because they’ll be enforcing the one shopper per household policy.

Would anti-mask shoppers be okay if the sneeze guards were also removed from the self-service hot bars?

1 Like

I can bring the turnover chain.

5 Likes

What’s the recommended ground transportation between airport and Jax Beach and between hotel and course? Does renting a car make sense? Or is Lyft a viable option?

So is anyone currently in need/looking for a gui to take any rooms in an AirBNB?

I assume most anti-maskers are also the ones that lean under the sneeze guards to get their food.

1 Like

Airport to the beach is a solid 30 miles. I vote rental if you will be here Thursday - Sunday.

3 Likes

We could probably take one more is someone brought and agreed to sleep on an air mattress.

I’m thinking of taking the @anon47037505 method and drive in from CO. I need a roadtrip across the South.

6 Likes