Nest Invitational Tournament aka NIT - Viiibbiiinnnggg

The world knows!!!

3 Likes

ā€œThe world knowsā€

2 Likes

If itā€™s good enough for Wakanda, itā€™s good enough for the Refuge.

5 Likes

Letā€™s just say I visited with @MackReiter while getting ready to board my 10:30 AM flightā€¦believe he was booked on the 7 AM so you be the judge.

22 Likes

#refugeafterdark ?

3 Likes

If having to leave beautiful Jax Beach wasnā€™t hard enough, this was the slap in the face I really didnā€™t need upon arrival back in IL.

18 Likes

Showing up at 6:32 for a 7:00 flight is apparently not good enough! The nice lady behind the counter said I missed the cutoff by 2 minutes! Flying standby is a absolute roller coaster of emotions, but Iā€™ve finally made it to my destination 12 hours later.

24 Likes

My wife just now: ā€œDid you have fun? Are they going to make any more of those Strapped videos? I like those because they arenā€™t about golf.ā€

I need to introduce her to the TrapDrawā€¦

22 Likes

Back home in Philly-land and trying to find the right words to write here to sum up a freaking fantastic weekend in Jax Beach.

First off - shout out to all the guis I played with over the 3 days. Iā€™d tag you all here but you know who you were and Iā€™m def. going to run out of tags on this post ha ha ha. Thank you ALL for (as usual with Refugees) being nothing but supportive and making a gal feel super comfy playing with people who are wayyyyyy ā€œbetterā€ at golf than I am :slight_smile: Literally every round was just good times.

I have always thought that playing with better players makes me play better and that was 100% correct this weekend. Especially Friday morning - shot my lowest 9 ever on the front 9 - 37 (2 over!) - so that was cool!

Winning the flight was also very cool - I loved playing in the finals even though I def flew too close to the sun. It was the only round I didnā€™t meet or beat my quota - was a bit nervy with the putter (just couldnā€™t make any putts!) - but holy cow what a fun time with @djpie on the bag, Young Hitter @LPondgolf following along (with a ton of others in the roving golf cart gallery too), shout out to @JScore and @skibum232 for their general vibey-ness (and getting people riled up), shout out to @MrChickPhilA and @astrodupes for managing the ā€œhydrationā€ levels for team ChickPhilA.

There were a few shots I made in that round that Iā€™ll think about for a while - making Par on 10 was SWEET (after a monster drive and insane approach shot), bogey save on 9 after a terrible tee shot, the approach shot on 15 (never mind I de-greened myself for my 3rd shot and eventually made double lol), knowing I had to Eagle the last hole (16) to win, knowing I really didnā€™t have confidence in anything in my bag that I even thought I could get to the green with from 185 away (uphill, in the dark, from the rough)- DJ talks me into hitting 3 wood, and it flipping ends up on the green pin high LOLZ. Actually being in the vicinity of the 18th green in 3 shots. I knew after the front 9 it was going to be really hard for me to win, I didnā€™t make enough points on the ā€œeasyā€ part of the course, but it was just so much fun to be playing in that final round.

Our team/flight was STACKED and I am so excited to spend a weekend at the Birdhouse with you all (you know who you are - Iā€™m definately over the tagging limit on this post). With both @jwfickett and @anon24718094 in that group, Iā€™m sure we are going to have some kick ass meals/drinks when we get there :slight_smile:

Iā€™m staring another post because I wanna tag more people! lol!!

51 Likes

Hugest of huge thanks to @soly, @Tron, @Randy, @MerchCzar, @djpie for creating this inclusive community that made this event possible. Giant high fives and thanks to @Double_Bogey_Dave for the invite to play. And mega mega thank you to @Privatecollection for putting together a fantastic event with every little detail thought of.

Lastly, thanks and big virtual fist bumps and air hugs to all of the internet golf friends/sickos that I finally met in person and/or got to see again. Canā€™t wait for more refuge/NLU events to hang again!

Canā€™t wait for NIT 2021!!!

PHOTO DUMP TIME!!!

82 Likes

Great stuff and great playing, @ChickPhilA!

14 Likes

@ChickPhilA is my effing hero.

this is kind of news that 2020 needed.

35 Likes

we have to figure out what event you, me, @Sarah, @madkins can ALL get to at the same time (once Sarah can leave Canada that isā€¦)

22 Likes

John, thanks for that. I enjoyed meeting and playing with you, too. Iā€™ll definitely reach out when we head toward Saticoy, Pasatiempo, Soule Park, etc. Gary

4 Likes

you know it!!!

we need a :cough: 4-Man Event where we select our own teams. #chicksrule @tron @Soly @djpie @Randy @MerchCzar

14 Likes

@ChickPhilA the golf gods looked down favorably on the unqualified this weekend! :wink:

@MrChickPhilA give her a massage because she carried the team!!

6 Likes

9 Likes

This weekend was great guys and girl. Canā€™t wait for next years NIT.

37 Likes

With @ChickPhilA coming out and putting up a PB under competition we better have an all lady four ball at an NLU event because Iā€™m scared to go against her :smiley::smiley:

10 Likes

Posted this in the Nest podcast threadā€¦

Great minds think alike

7 Likes