Nest Invitational Tournament aka NIT - Viiibbiiinnnggg

The governor of Florida opened bars back up this week, so I’d say that at the very least it seems like the cautious thing to do would be to limit interactions with locals and avoid crowded local establishments. From a shared housing perspective, that may make certain Airbnb setups with 2-3 others more “isolated” than certain hotels, depending on what you’re comfortable with.

2 Likes

I’m down to play Sunday. I’m driving down from Ohio so I’m leaving early on Wednesday. I’ve got my hotel room booked already or I’d have considered an Air BnB.

That’s a solid warm up for Jax Beach.

That’s aggressive…where/what is that?

I’d be down to play Sunday, just depends on what my final travel plans/partners are (driving down from Charlotte, leaving sometime Sunday).

Also would consider a AirBNB, depending on Space/Inhabitant ratio.

1 Like

I believe @JCO, @Hwhite, and @OffTheDole are putting together an event at White Oak Plantation Thursday afternoon. I’ve never played there, but it’s supposed to be awesome.

2 Likes

Planning for some extra golf Thursday before the NIT welcome event that night!

Take a look at the Pre - Invitational at White Oak thread, we’d love to have ya!

My apologies for being here awhile but still having no clue how to link a thread.

5 Likes

5 Likes

And this is why we are friends, thanks for the help.

2 Likes

This is always great advice in FL pandemic or otherwise lmao.

6 feet apart because covid and crabs :wink:

2 Likes

I was gutted to read that a dress code will be enforced at this event, especially at a municipal course. Municipal of course being derived from the Latin municipalis: “pertaining to a citizen of a free town, of a free town.”

@Lazstradamus and I are likely to engage in some old-fashioned civil disobedience.

7 Likes

As much as people here are freedom-loving and all that, considerations had to be made for Florida Man, who notoriously pushes the boundaries of what would be considered acceptable attire.

Nobody wants to see a mesh tank top, Daisy Duke shorts, and Crocs golf shoes on a dude out here.

3 Likes

Jax Beach Golf Course: Concealed carry allowed (with permit), but it must be concealed by a collared shirt. And don’t you DARE come around here in those cargo shorts.

4 Likes

Frankly, if nobody wears a Randy Moss Vikings jersey at Jax Beach I’ll be upset with the lot of you.

4 Likes

Talk to DJ about that :slight_smile:

Fine I will be staying home

2 Likes

Jean shorts and a wife beater.

Fight the Power.

4 Likes

The minute you wore a collared shirt at Sweetens, you lost your right to complain about dress codes! :rofl:

2 Likes

Mr. DesertDAPPER,

I thought you of all people would appreciate the dress code. I mean, I gave you that nickname for a reason!!

It’s been asked three times on what the attire was, so figured it needed to be posted.

Excited to see ya!

3 Likes

Right!!

2 Likes

One day out of three, for the sake of my fellow competitors (and Ms. Gregory).

3 Likes

What. What? WHAT.

This is Bullshit of the highest level.

The day I cannot play a municipal course in a t-shirt is the day I get fined for playing golf in a t-shirt.

6 Likes