Music Suggestions 2 - driving fast in my car

You going to any of the dates? I kinda wish I was now. Excited to see what the non-festival set lists look like. Tom’s voice is just a tragedy. I wonder what happened? It’s great to see them back together though. And of course just happy Mark is still around.

I’m not the person you asked, but I’ll be seeing them in Detroit on the 9th.

2 Likes

I’m going 5/19 and 5/20 in New York. Super excited.

Tom has sounded miles better than the first reunion since the 2019 Angels and Airwaves tour as well, which helps. Really seems to be more engaged in general.

1 Like

Yeah he seems way more into it than he has in the past. Love to see it.

1 Like

It’s hard to explain, but I’ve never looked to blink for any kind of pinnacle live performance. It’s just nice to see Tom give a shit and the three of them have their old chemistry back. Mark has already indicated a handful of times that they are in a better place than they’ve been since 2001-2002

I disagree, Mark Tom and Travis Show has the best versions of those songs. That was pinnacle live performance for them. They were still great for Take off your pants tour. I can’t really remember how they sounded after the self titled. I haven’t really listened to the stuff after that though.

4 Likes

F me this slaps. Way too few plays on spotify.

This sound gives me Ramones vibes but a little louder and more modern. Time to go listen to all of their stuff I guess :person_shrugging:

1 Like

That little surf guitar riff near the chorus reminds me of the king of surf guitar…Dick Dale! Personally I think surf guitar pairs well with golf.

3 Likes

I agree with you, I should’ve been more clear. MT&TS is incredible. I guess a better way to put it is that I would argue blink’s live performances have never been about the quality of performance but the banter and chemistry between the three of them. In those moments where we got that paired with solid-to-great performance is magical.

Outside of MT&TS, These are widely regarded as their best recorded performances. Camden 2004 is also an interesting watch when you know that Mark and Tom could barely stand each other at the time.

2 Likes

Any fans of this brother/sister duo?

1 Like

Finally watched these in full. Very cool to go back in time. I really wanted that brown Gibson when Tom switched. I still have the fender models in seafoam. Imagine seeing Blink 182 on Australia Day at the big day out fest in Sydney lmao. The interviews with fans were so funny.

1 Like

Sounds like we are getting some new music on June 2nd. Whether that be a whole album or a new single, no one is sure.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

The boys are back!

5 Likes

Just added to the spring playlist

1 Like

of GnR fame…

1 Like

Doobie Brothers in Santa Barbara 1982.

I love watching old concerts on youtube and this is one of my favorites.

The whole thing is great, but when they go from What A Fool Believes into China Grove, it absolutely cooks. Time stamps in the comments.

3 Likes

Just listened to this, they are amazing.

1 Like

This song is so so good. The lyrics are incredibly moving. Just such a great listen.

4 Likes