Music Suggestions 2 - driving fast in my car

Forgot how much I love this song

https://youtu.be/J0wMVaQCW8Q

1 Like

Happy De La Day to all who celebrate. RIP Trugoy. :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

This is one of the better new songs I’ve heard in a while. The bridge slaps hard.

Plus, the second verse is a nice shoutout to the thread title.

2 Likes

umm. has this been posted in here before? this is a bit old. but umm i love it so much and i just heard it for the first time. cheers! im cranking this shit!

https://youtu.be/mi106DZJhuQ

1 Like

holy shit you guys!!!

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPaKA6YW2Go

1 Like

You’regoddamnright.gif

@ChickPhilA very curious what you think of the new Paramore record!

4 Likes

I fucking love it. On repeat in the car.

6 Likes

Just need to show some love for some of the best music to just throw on when you want to calm down and chill out and listen to one of the best voices ever. I love City and Colour.

He has an extensive catalog going back to 2005 and legitimately, it’s all very very good. That’s hard to do. He knows his lane and he knows what he does well and he kills it. Dallas Green is awesome.

4 Likes

I’m currently obsessed with a singer/songwriter named Al Oldender. She’s based in Kingston, NY and her romantic partner is James Felice of the Felice Brothers (only mention that because I think there’s probably some crossover in interest…James produced/recorded her full length album and plays on a lot of tracks).

Song is called “Mean” and was filmed before she started going by Al. Her album, “Easy Crier” has a lot of songs that connect to the death of her older brother, Keith, so there’s a lot of sad spots and I think the song I posted is a great example of it.

She’s playing in Seattle, Sacramento, San Francisco, and Hollywood in the next ten days, just her and a guitar (and a singer with a gorgeous voice who does harmonies). If you’re conveniently nearby any of those places and like the song I posted, GO SEE HER. I saw her here in Omaha on 2/28 and she was fantastic.

5 Likes

Love to see the City & Colour love. I’ve seen him live a handful of times, both with a full backing band and also a stripped-down acoustic solo set. His You+Me collaboration with P!nk is also amazing - I hope that they are able to get together and make another album.

1 Like

Same. Instant classic for me. It also shows a huge stylistic range which we knew they were capable of, but hadn’t heard on a single record to this degree imo. “You First” is quickly climbing ranks as my favorite Paramore song ever.

2 Likes

Me at work finally listening to the Paramore album

8 Likes

Would this be an embarrassing thing to admit Ive never heard Paramore before that I know of? I assume this is something I should rectify?

You probably have and didn’t realize it. They have some good stuff out there. The most recent album is a bit of a miss for me personally though.

New Hot Mulligan single goes

6 Likes

Popped up in my Spotify today. Was just coming here to post it as well.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/lYBIRHi5-o8

4 Likes

My favorite song (maybe only songs) about daylight saving time

2 Likes

It would be hard for you to have not heard Misery Business before. They started as a pop-punk group in the mid-oughts and got pretty popular with their second record. They’ve made 4 records since then and the sound has definitely evolved over time.

Third record (Brand New Eyes) is my favorite. It’s more rock-focused and heavy at times, and just a really well-written and engineered album.

The 4th record was self-titled and extremely long, kind of a rambling love letter to who the band was and where they were going next. “Ain’t It Fun” was a big single off that album.

The 5th record took a very pop-forward turn and although it’s grown on me, there are still songs on it that just don’t do anything for me.

I see the latest record as a well-executed blend of their rock roots and more pop/softer present. I didn’t like it much at first but like all great records, it is growing on me quickly. Even songs I thought at first blush that I would never like (“Big Man, Little Dignity”) are surprising me - it’s a mellower song, but there’s a part of the chorus (“No offense”) where Hayley uses some vocal fry or intentional harshness and it’s just brilliant.

5 Likes