Mr. Jeezy's Open - KPMG Women's PGA June 25-26

We’re getting close crew. Golf courses are crispy. Really excited to see what the ladies can do at AAC with these conditties. I think this is the first big tournament there since the most recent reno that took away rough around a number of green surrounds and put in tightly mown areas. Hopefully everything stays firm and we see balls rolling everywhere.

Here are a few of the latest updates on the MJO:

• Tee times on Friday are being blocked off now. Should be starting around 2 pm and going on from there. I will share a tee sheet when available and allow folks to sign up for their own time.

• Saturday is at capacity as of now, but we have a waitlist going for those that are still interested. Still room to add players for Friday.

• Merch is being ordered this week. If you want a hat, sign up here I will order a few extras, but those will be first come first served.

• Some awesome donations have already been made to the raffle/silent auction. Will be getting that set up here shortly for folks to bid on. Items include: Rounds at AAC, Settindown, Standard Club and May River Club as well as a sweet custom charcuterie board. Thanks to all who already donated. Please check out the donations tab in the sign up sheet if you are able to #getinvolved for a good cause.

5 Likes

Fun fact. I just learned the other day that it’s an odd even system. Magnolia on odds, azaela evens

I believe it’s just every other day, so that can change after a month with 31 days i.e. Azalea will be evens thru July and then August 1 it will be Azalea, unless you’re saying they would go back-to-back Magnolia days on July 31 and August 1 to maintain strict odds/evens?

It will be Magnolia that day. We have a two-day event out there that begins that Saturday, and our second round on Sunday will be Azalea. I guess one of the good things will be that there should be just one flagstick on each green, so you won’t have to deal with two of them out there every hole but 9.

3 Likes

Sick @rgheusel we need to find a volunteer to act as spotter on top of 4 tee so players can bang it up the hill off 5!

@Tripp_GSGA Does this mean we’ll get some pretty awesome pins? Or will they follow the standard sectors for the flags.

They will be different than what you normally see out there, but we can’t get too crazy with it. This is our Adaptive Golf Championship, so individuals with physical, cognitive, and sensory disabilities. While our top players are scratch or better, we will have some players who have higher handicaps, so we have to get them all around.

Our first time off is 10 AM that day, so when yall finish up, stick around for a couple minutes. The top players in our field will play that morning.

We will have a day later this fall where we might spice things up on the greens. Maybe see if we can’t get some guys on here involved for that event.

5 Likes

I haven’t ever verified, just relaying what the cart boi told me

2 weeks… time to get the game in shape!

1 Like

We’re inside of a week to go! Hope everyone’s game is coming into form!

Tee times for Friday are now available for sign up here. Greens fees for Friday are $58 for 18 and $41 for 9. Please send payment to the Venmo link below when you sign up for your tee time.

Bobby Jones has been a bit difficult to work with and confirm pricing (shocked face) but I will pass that along shortly. As a reminder, we will re-pair and announce times for Saturday on Friday evening, but they will be between 8-9 am.

6 Likes

Also, very excited about our auction and raffle. Many thanks to all who donated items. We have some great prizes including rounds at a number of awesome places! Find the link to view prizes, bid or purchase raffle tickets here

Alright, finalized everything with Bobby. Final prices for golf are going to be $50 for Saturday’s round. As a reminder, we are over subscribed for Saturday, so if your name is above the waitlist line as seen on the sign up sheet, please Venmo me no later than Wednesday at noon to reserve your spot. I will start working down the waitlist at that point.

Can’t wait! Sidebar, why is bobby jones the worst? They act like they are Augusta National sometimes it’s wild.

haha @apmiller, there’s a reason for the title of the Atlanta Roll Call thread.

1 Like

Got a spot for 11:10am @ Standard Club Friday. Plan is to play 18 then make it over to River Pines for 3:40 time. Hit me up if you want in, @GeneralQuinn I got you in for front 9.

2 Likes

Will wolf hammer be played?

Can’t speak for Quinn but I’m always down for that.

1 Like

I’m always down.

1 Like

That’s three. Just need a fourth

Random Question… I won’t be able to play in the open, but is there a group of people linking up at the KPMG? And is that Saturday or Sunday?

1 Like

Same here - won’t be playing golf this weekend, but bought a ticket to the KPMG