MN Event: North Star Shootout - 8/15/20 - ***CHARITY UPDATE IN POST 1082***

@OscarDeLaGorga you’re in. Looking forward to it!

He will say he is a casual golfer but beware he went to EP and he can strike it.

2 Likes

I had a 32 guy Ryder Cup we have been doing with college buddies for the last 6 years in Wisconsin. Unfortunate & devastating to land on the same weekend. This thread has not helped the FOMO

2 Likes

I appreciate the love, Laz. I haven’t been very competitive the last two years. Job change, kids becoming high schoolers, moved into new place, etc. This Covid shit has given me a chance to spend a little more free time to think about golf, which is how I found the Refuge. If I get back to the grind of trying to play well in high end events regionally and nationally, the Refuge will definitely have played a role.

Now, I don’t know the young man, but it’s clear that if @lukepottergolf is the Luke Potter from Encinitas, he’s certainly the best we have from CA in The Refuge at the present moment. He just won the SCGA Amateur today. In fact, that may make him the best player in the entire Refuge right now. Hope to run into him someday at a tournament.

And, you’re no slouch yourself Laz.

3 Likes

It it’s a net event then @TacoBucket will 3-for-2 them to death and @anon47037505 might even throw in a 4-for-2 or a 3-for-1.

5 Likes

I will mortgage everything possible in my life to make sure I’m in attendance.

2 Likes

Even if this doesn’t work out, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future. We’d love to have you out any time.

3 Likes

He’s a tremendous slouch.

1 Like

I have eaten pretty aggressively last night/today and I have a sweet tooth. DQ for a blizzard or Culver’s for a mixer? (For all parties, what I do is ultimately up to Mrs. Status, but want to get some feedback here)

I think there’s a pretty obvious answer to this question.

Culver’s all day long and twice on Sundaes :wink:

2 Likes

We did DQ today :man_shrugging:

A cookie dough blizzard with a little extra Reese’s added in for good measure.

Culver’s next time

1 Like

Culver’s, ever since DQ got rid of the salted caramel truffle blizzard it’s just not worth it anymore.

@GRWhitehead

14 Likes

DQ if it’s ice cream only

I hope you enjoyed. That particular gin not as good with olives as it is with grapefruit juice.

The wife loved the gin in a greyhound - asked me to buy grapefruit so we can make fresh-squeezed ones. I think you have a Lucky Guys convert.

5 Likes

That one really works well with citrus. Glad she loved!!!

2 Likes

ill have to try with grapefruit.

1 Like

I have 3 spots on a tee time at Keller tomorrow at 915AM if anyone is dying to get back out there again.

I figure this is a thread to pose a question to the most Minnesotans on here as possible so it here it goes.

One thing that has irritated me about golf in the Twin Cities area is that there seems to be a lack of a deal/memberships for public golf courses. I read a lot about season passes or punch cards offered by courses else where in the world that help make golf more affordable and by doing so, even start to cultivate a community by regular visitors (almost a pseudo country club feel). Yet I haven’t found anything remotely close to that in the cities. Even when I lived in Ames, Iowa, Coldwater (s/o to @MerchCzar and @Randy) had a deal for $1500, unlimited golf and range balls for the year. I am disappointed that the city of St. Paul or Minneapolis does not offer some sort of Parks and Rec pass for the year.

Can someone point me to a course that has a year long program or some sort of pass system? Obviously with the season winding down here already (I mean its 50F and raining on Sept 9th, with?!) this would be for next year but looking to get a jump on it now.

(NOTE: DO NOT SAY PCC, I AM CONVINCED THAT IS NOT A DEAL AND I WILL NOT BE BOGGED DOWN RESTRICTIONS ABOUT WHEN AND WHERE AND HOW I PLAY GOLF. I HAVE DONE THE DEEP DIVE AND TALKED TO PEOPLE ABOUT IT, 100% NOT FOR ME)