MN Event: North Star Shootout - 8/15/20 - ***CHARITY UPDATE IN POST 1082***

A ton of courses have passes and public memberships. Keller has a card, Stoneridge has a public membership, Troy Burne has a card and public membership, Braemar has a card, baker national has a card, inverwood has a super cheap public membership and card option.

Not sure how much work you have done or what deal you are looking for exactly but i think alot of public courses offer a players card in somesort

1 Like

I did a membership at Crystal Lake for two yearsā€¦$1500 for unlimited golf and cart. If youā€™re willing to put up with packed tee sheets and slow rounds, there are plenty of season long public options.

2 Likes

I did know about the Ramsey County Card. I maybe should have said that was the best deal I have turned up.

I guess for me it is probably a combo platter of me expecting a better deal and me just wanting something closer to my house. All of those courses you listed are minimum 20-30 minutes from my place. I am probably expecting too much. Definitely appreciate the recs tho, I will dig into more of those.

Where do you live?

Are you in the south Metro? I heard Inverwood is offering a deal right now $350 for 3 years if you live in Eagan or IGH i believe.

My brotherā€™s in-laws jumped all over that deal 3 years ago. Itā€™s a hell of a deal. Looks like anyone can do it starting Sept 10.

https://www.inverwood.org/membership/index.php

1 Like

Thatā€™s for the St. Paul courses, Iā€™m pretty sure most courses have some type of membership.

3 Likes

YES! Ok this is what I have failed to find for St. Paul in my early research! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be pulling the trigger on the Ramsey County card for Keller or a Stone Ridge membership next year. The Keller option is growing on me as its about half the distance for me as it is to Stone Ridge. Plus frees up a little more cash to potentially do the Northland CC national membership.

1 Like

Northwest Wisconsin def mostly a Trump part of the world, but on the way home yesterday saw two absolute BEAUTIES

1. ā€œSuckers and loosers for Trumpā€

and

1. ā€œDumasses 4 Trumpā€

dude just played himself.

I have that inverwood card. Itā€™s a great deal but I live too far away now for it to be good for me. If you want it you need to buy it earlyyyyyyy on the tenth. I bet they will sell out super quick. They did last time. I liked it while I lived close tho.

Any thoughts on how it is for getting tee times with that pass? Also, I have never played the course. Could you provide some insight as to comparable courses in the metro?

Itā€™s a comparable course to other public courses in its price range. Itā€™s probably not my first choice of where I would play in the southern metro but I do like the course a lot. I also love the par 3 course they have. I didnā€™t use the range much but it might always be mats. Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

I never had an issue getting tee times in the past. But I used it when I decided I wanted to play that day so Iā€™d just find a tee time that worked a few hours before I played. So Iā€™m not sure if they have restrictions for how far out you can get tee times. However, I havenā€™t played it once this year because they have been booked completely solid every day Iā€™ve looked. And thatā€™s weekdays sometimes just looking for a 4 or 5 pm tee time. Covid has done really well for them #shrinkthegame. The best part about the inver pass tho is they donā€™t make you pay the cart fee. Every other membership of this type Iā€™ve seen requires it wether you are walking or riding.

1 Like

Re: the course - different than most muniā€™s Iā€™ve played in the area. Conditioning is always between above average and good. Itā€™s wooded and not much going on around it so itā€™s a nice (but hilly) walk.

Only thing against it is itā€™s a lot of ā€œtarget golfā€ lined with dense woods. Will comment that I did see them doing tree removal over the last yearā€¦however havenā€™t been back this year so not sure the extent to which this has changed.

To @chefcycleā€™s point ---- tee sheet is normally FULL. I live in the area and it was historically my ā€œshort notice go-toā€, however itā€™s tough to get on unless you make a tee time 5+ days in advance (I think their pass only allows 3 days in advance).

1 Like

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/booze-and-i-mean-its-creation-inspiration-distillation-videos-ideas-and-implementations/7026/105?u=grwhitehead

Would love feedback, good or bad.

1 Like

At some point here I will be sharing it with my Dad. Likely over his version of a Gimlet.

Which is basically Vodka on the rocks and the smallest amount of Roseā€™s lime. He may toss a cocktail onion in, I would opt for more lime Juice because I am a child :joy:

I will report back once we do.

1 Like

@jimithng23 @Snellspace @JScore @Taylorda

Guis,
@Camilo is on to something with that sourdough stuff

5 Likes

Only a double? Ya gotta pump those numbers up!

4 Likes

Itā€™s a game changer @Battisstatus. Glad youā€™ve seen the light.

3 Likes

Home and home series anyone?

2 Likes