Merry Christmas - v2023

Merry Christmas, all.

Just wanted to take a moment to express thanks for this community. You are the right balance of bristled, bright, and boisterous that keep me coming back day after day (literally).

I wish you all a blessed Christmas and hope you all get time with loved ones (or have time to reflect on those you’re missing today).

What gift did you get (whether from yourself or someone else) that will be part of your game this year? Balls? Gloves? A new set? Tell us all about it so we can celebrate and speculate.

Yours in golf,

IT-to-Green

54 Likes

I’ll start so people don’t overthink it:

My wife gave me a phone mount to strap to the rail of a golf cart so I don’t have to plop it in a beer-stained cup holder. Will use it for all riding rounds I play going forward which makes it a bit more hands-free to use too.

17 Likes

Woke up early and decided to start it off watching “It’s A Wonderful Life”.

Happy Hols all. Looking forward to both the great and hilarious golf gifts.

16 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone.
In the truest of first world problems, i may set fire to 9000 kids toys today whilst screaming bah humbug
But the kiddos are vibrating from joy, so i suppose all is well
Cant wait to shitpost golf spend 2024 with everyone

12 Likes

Currently watching A Christmas Story for what will be the first of several times today.

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!

14 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone, already watched a Christmas story this morning and on to polar express. Plan to keep the holiday movie train a rolling.

6 Likes

Another edition of DINK Christmas here.

No gifts exchanged because we don’t wait to buy ourselves what we want.

‘Bout to clean up after baking some pandesal with ube yesterday evening and start preparing for the lasagna I’m making for dinner.

The big questions of Christmas 2023:

• Do I warm up Thursday’s leftover pizza or just hit it cold?
  • Noodles from scratch or the Barilla oven-ready cheater noodles?

Seasons greetings to all of you. My heart goes out to everyone forced to wear matching pajamas and assemble toys for kids.

39 Likes

I got some tees yesterday that my brother in law said anre supposed to add 15% to my drives!!! Sounds like the rollback is already obsolete…suck on that USGA!!

20 Likes

Real ones know :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Oh no. What do I tell my gamer?

25 Likes

Merry Christmas from the Electric Phactory. The kids are playing with Thomas trains and Elsa castles. Truly a perfect childhood Christmas. Oh, and the wife got me some new clothes wedges. SM9s 5012F, 5610S, 60*08M, S400 shafts. Can’t wait to put those in play

27 Likes

Wife got me an organized rack for the garage so I stop having shit just laying around everywhere.

My birthday was 6 weeks ago, so between that and today, my in laws have gotten me $650 in gift cards for Miles of Golf in Michigan to get fit for, and buy, new irons.

19 Likes

Another solid Christmas in Orange Park with the in-laws. After a few rough Christmases from a previous relationship I’ve become kind of lukewarm on Christmas. But it’s been wonderful to have family just a car ride away, I haven’t had that since high school. Also most intriguing Christmas gift from my MIL

19 Likes

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. May everyone enjoy the pre rollback golf balls you were gifted, hold onto them. Will be worth a lot one day!

4 Likes

Merry Christmas to you as well!

And I agree wholeheartedly with you that this community is one of the greatest gifts that keeps on giving.

You’ll be happy to see that the Whiskey Pig bourbon barrel maple syrup was popped open this morning, to be enjoyed with some baked brioche I made for the family. @ThatDuffGuyPat

We are not currently enjoying a concert from the kiddo, thanks to the karaoke set my in-laws got her.

https://x.com/mrgoodlycooks/status/1739311572160295063?s=46&t=Iev0uH6E4a9YHyBUT4gbSQ

Hope that y’all have a wonderful day today! And blessings shower over y’all and y’all’s family.

Cheers,
Ben!

12 Likes

Merry Christmas to all!

24 Likes

:rofl:

6 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone!! My brother-in-law hooked me up with an NLU swag bag - Sparty-colored headcover for my 3 wood, fresh towel, and a Tourist Sauce Michigan poster for my forthcoming golffice. We’ve got two rounds planned tomorrow and Wednesday here in Naples before heading back to MI. Can’t wait to stunt on ‘em on the first tee!

9 Likes

What courses are you hitting in Naples?

Playing Hibiscus tomorrow and then at royal palm with my wife’s uncle

1 Like